1954 BSA Tour of Britain Sports

Hi Pete,

You can get 1/4" press in oiler cups from RDGtools.co.uk for £1.55. They are deep in the catalogue under "Grease Cups, Oilers... / Everything Else Lubrication", or try 'veloheaven' on ebay.

My spokes were 296mm for the front wheel, and 302mm & 304mm for the rear wheel. Talk to Mick Madgett (madgettscycles@aol.com). He has the proper 15/17 gauge butted spokes in stainless steel, a bit pricey but I don't regret buying them. They are much more elegant than modern spokes.

Re:

Thanks Bruce, I got the oiler cap from veloheaven as i could not find it on the other site! also my rear spokes are exactly the same dimensions, but the front are all 290 mm - strange as we have the same BSA Continental de Luxe hubs??

Just got my chain set and forks back, they look much better now!

Now need to get the frame re-sprayed.

Attachments

• forks before.JPG
    forks before.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 906
  • chainset before.JPG
    chainset before.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 906
  • forks recromed.JPG
    forks recromed.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 906
Re:

Hi All,

what was the original colour of the red and white frame paint?? respraying this week. Thought it should be flamboyant red and white??
thanks in advance
Pete

Re:

FINALY got my bsa tour of britain sport on the road .my dad had it for years then left it out in the rain . so after a paint and some swearing. its now rideable

Attachments

• P4140548 - CopyS.jpg
    P4140548 - CopyS.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 617
  • P4140580 - Copys.jpg
    P4140580 - Copys.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 618
  • P4140569 - Copys.jpg
    P4140569 - Copys.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC_0154s.jpg
    DSC_0154s.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 619
Wow that looks really nice.
You have done a great job and the colours suite it perfectly.
Where is the gate with the BSA on it?

Jamie

Re:

It in Southampton near the docks it whose a machine tool manifacture that whose .it now trades under bsa regale .

[/img]Hi All
I have finally finished my restoration of my 1954 BSA ToB and really happy how it has turned out. All i have not been able to get are the cable clips of the rear gear cable ( cable clips at present) and have not put on the white Bluemels mudguards. but i did get a pair NOS which are in great condition. Also got NoS handlebar tape which i think is the correct colour? Many thanks to Bruce for all your help and PM's to get me here!

Attachments

• BSA ToB Gears.jpg
    BSA ToB Gears.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 549
  • BSA ToB Side.jpg
    BSA ToB Side.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 548
  • B Front.JPG
    B Front.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 549
  • handlebar BSA ToB copy.jpg
    handlebar BSA ToB copy.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 549
Re:

Looks amazing much more original than mine .the clips for the gear cable are hard to find there two sizes one larger one fwd on the chainstay and a smaller one near the derailleur.

Re: mud guard screws

Can anyone please tell me the screw thread on the frame and front forks for fixing the mudguards. It must be imperial I guess but what one? Thanks in advance

HI,
I have started a new thread about my new BSA ToB I am restoring, from the serial number it looks like a 1962, 5 yeas after Raleigh took over production but it has all the spec of my 1954 ToB, even down to the plain metal head badge, frame geometry and 72 head tube angle?

The new thread is called "BSA Tour of Britain vintage frame and parts - restoration project" and I would welcome your thoughts and comments.

Attachments

• BSA Head Badge silver.jpeg
    BSA Head Badge silver.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 3
Back