I rebuilt 2 laptops and a desktop PC today!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
And I didnt loose my temper once:

Dell Lattitude laptop with XP Home, 1.8 P4, 512 ram, 20gb hdd, wifi

Dell Lattitude laptop with XP Home, 1.8 P4, 768 ram, 20gb hdd, wifi

PC Tower with XP Home, AMD Duron 1.3, 256 ram, 12.7gb hdd (ha hahah!!!)

all gratis from the tip... ;)

did you get many cuts?!

thats my one bain of pc building, although i always use cheapo scab cases, so thats probably why!

Who takes laptops to the tip?! & how do you get them to give you anything for free?!

Good work - more ram needed all round though I'd say! :)

depends on what they get used for - the laptops have just about enough but the tower is s l o o o o o o w.... I

t would be cheaper to buy a new s/h PC than it would to buy the memory to mak the tower run better... cwazy.

legrandefromage":2a2oo4vt said:
depends on what they get used for - the laptops have just about enough but the tower is s l o o o o o o w.... I

t would be cheaper to buy a new s/h PC than it would to buy the memory to mak the tower run better... cwazy.

Take xp from tower and put a linux distro on and will fly or use it as a hardware firewall for laptops and put smoothwall on it another linux distro but a firewall and a good one

computerbitz":20zdzaz1 said:
legrandefromage":20zdzaz1 said:

Take xp from tower and put a linux distro on and will fly or use it as a hardware firewall for laptops and put smoothwall on it another linux distro but a firewall and a good one

aaaand in english for us wed night drunkards??? :LOL:

computerbitz":2rvjpxo7 said:
legrandefromage":2rvjpxo7 said:

Or use geexbox and have your self a media PC. Im Sure ebay can help you out with a bit more cheap RAM

legrandefromage":3prl8pfz said:
computerbitz":3prl8pfz said:
legrandefromage":3prl8pfz said:

aaaand in english for us wed night drunkards??? :LOL:

LOL yeah sorry it was a flying visit and you know what i didnt read proper you found them in tip lol your bloody great i want to move by you for the funky finds

laptops spec alright and should do a turn

the tower runs slow because of the spec on it if you put linux operating system on instead of windows will run faster and lets you play with something you may not have used before

Back