1991(?) Basso MTB-Columbus SL frame, full Campag Centaur?

Griggsy

Retro Guru
workmate's offered me his old Basso MTB, columbus SL frame, full campagnolo centaur groupset (inc. pedals/dustcaps) and all looks in good condition... not really up on MTB stuff so what's it worth?

Re:

No worries ;)

I am not jealous at all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :LOL:

Re:

It's not really that. Just I have been collecting bits a pieces of Campagnolo to put bikes together, wish I could just have had one offered in full.

So, picked it up-some pics:

mMGpH1L.jpg

00DvgrP.jpg

EnEpNn0.jpg

nEGLCcO.jpg

yol2JFS.jpg

4BhoApO.jpg

gtsCZJu.jpg

Zah7gfC.jpg

bd53ShJ.jpg

SWl6aGd.jpg

8gCZP79.jpg

CI2sw1k.jpg

95tJ5Xd.jpg

fKRVja6.jpg

Zpkdi4X.jpg

Z6fqaxs.jpg

WZhIZVy.jpg

Good bits: everything Campag present and correct down to the straddles and dust caps. Pedals, headset and BB all in excellent condition. Mechs and good but do have a bit of wear, some abrasion on the cranks/seatpost but still look good too. FIR rims barely worn.

Bad bits: rear freewheel sounds rough, some small splits where the gear cable enters the levers-I've had campag bar ends that have done this and it could be heat as opposed to mechanical, doesn't seem like an issue anyway. Paint on the frame is pretty faded by the sun, and obvs there's some good scuffs on it too.

Looking to sell it on what would be a fair price? If someone's after the group I could split but always easier to sell complete and maybe it floats someone's boat...

Back