Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration

PeachyPM":3v5jtwhi said:
Cheers Jumphigher, we had a beutiful ride, the kind that makes all the knuckle bashing worth it.

You two whould have some great rides ahead this year. My wife is headed out with me later this morning to start her riding season, now that the weather is warming up. In preperation for this I did a fast 35 miles last night solo to get in a good workout, because I think this morning is gonna be a bit slower. :)

Cheers Ray, I dont think it will be long before I'm trying to keep up with Jim! (I'm secretly quite enjoying the slightly easier pace that he rides at)

Wow! Congratulations on the results. Very impressive.

Thank you for sharing the story with us. Most enjoyable. :)

non-fixie":3ly18vfd said:
Wow! Congratulations on the results. Very impressive.

Thank you for sharing the story with us. Most enjoyable. :)

Cheers Non-Fixie. I’ve put some nice photos in Readers Rides

Beautiful evening ride with the lad.
Today we stopped for a breather at this tiny local cemetery, we've driven past it a hundred times at least in the past 10 years and not spotted it once!
I'm really enjoying this experience of spending time with him at a different pace...

Attachments

• file-4 (002).jpg
    file-4 (002).jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 536
Re:

Lovely to see you both getting so much from the bikes on lots of levels. Something you’ll both remember and hopefully continue. When my son (23) comes home we still go out for a ride and a stop and a chat. Luckily he shares my inside leg.

Re: Re:

The History Man":2ewu9u8n said:
Luckily he shares my inside leg.

Now thats a party trick! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 519
Any idea what's on their heads? Careful though, we are wandering dangerously close to what The Big Cheese calls "stuff"

Cracking ride up to Burton Agnes Hall to show off the Clauds to the East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club rally.
Lots of people stopping us to reminisce about the bikes they had or wanted to have.
Jimmy said “Dad….. how come so many old people know what our bikes are?” :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The lad is geting stronger with almost every ride, going up the wolds as quick as i can now, so he deserved a hot-choclate with all the trimings!

Attachments

• file-4.jpeg
    file-4.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 468
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 468
  • file2.jpeg
    file2.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 468
Back