Cougar SLX New

P20

Retrobike Rider
Scanned photo of my old Cougar road bike. Bought 2nd hand, it was built triathalons (not me, not mad enough or fit enough)

Photo is out of focus, sorry :oops:

2983240227_87162f1cef_b.jpg

Colmubus SLX New with campag veloce i think, mavic cxp30 rims. It was too small for me so i sold it. Nice to ride though :)

Nice.
Not sure what the difference was between the SLX and SLX new, think it had something to do with the spiralling butting inside the tubes, but could be wrong.

Recently sold my Cougar SLX New after several years' good service - from what I've read on forums and from personal experience they seem to have been popular bikes in terms of both the number made and the reputation earned. Nice paint job on the one in the pic - mine was single-colour and also different in having the traditional-style fork blades without all-over chrome.

David

Great idea for a thread! My Cougar is made from Reynold 731OS, shimano 600 groupset, campy super record hubes on wolber profil 18 rims, cinelli bars/stem, turbo saddle.

I think the parts are Campagnolo Athena. At least the cranks. If it has a nice polished finish its Athena, if its coated in grey-ish than Veloce.
Beutiful bike btw.

Thanks, the majority of the parts are 600 (including crankset), but currently there are some modern (grey) 105 parts on it. Only until I get round to sourcing some second hand 600 to replace it with though ;)

Back