Kona Muni-Mula 1998 build COMPLETE

Re:

Thanks!
They're 100mm. I believe 20mm more than what would have been on the frame originally. I wouldn't go any longer though.

Re:

Can anyone recommend a good tyre combo in a 2.1? That's the largest I think I can safely get away with at the back for frame clearance. Maybe slightly wider at the front.
I'm a big fan of Maxxis but open to other brands.
I was going to go for reissue panaracer smoke and dart, but I've heard the build quality isn't that good?

Re: Kona Muni-Mula 1998 build

Man that's a bit special. Love the combination of the green against the Z1 orange, and the white decals just pop, nice one! Where did you get the custom headtube badge done?

Cheers,
-Mark

mmmm that blue one has cool forks ....

nice alum-inum build!

love that people are not all about xtr/bling....

misquote":3ubcpx4p said:
Man that's a bit special. Love the combination of the green against the Z1 orange, and the white decals just pop, nice one! Where did you get the custom headtube badge done?

Cheers,
-Mark

It was quite a while ago and I'm struggling to find my emails about it, but I think it was through headbadge.co.uk
I had to commission it specially and it took a long time but he was accommodating and can do pretty much anything you want... for a price.

The decals are actually more silver but the come out quite white in the photos. I don't mind though. I'm very pleased with them.

Re:

patersondj":6rq0k6ft said:
mmmm that blue one has cool forks ....

nice alum-inum build!

love that people are not all about xtr/bling....

It's the same frame. The Z1 Duals now belong to Corey Gun on this forum

Re:

I've just cleaned up this wheelset and fitted the cassette to check all is well.
Mavic f519 rims on LX hubs. Sunrace 11-40T.
I also rediscovered I had this black Azonic handlebar too so I'm torn between this and the silver.

Attachments

• 20180412_164610-1032x774.jpg
    20180412_164610-1032x774.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Azonic handlebar black.jpg
    Azonic handlebar black.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,029

personally i like the black bars, but try it with both and see :)

What colour seat post are you using?

Mark

Re:

I haven't decided yet. It was going to be silver, but maybe black would go better with black bars. We'll see. Don't want to go overkill on the silver.

Re:

Ok, I'm going with a silver seatpost but I might need you guys to help me chose a suitable one. Needs to be 27.2.
Any suggestions before I just buy a system x or etc for cheap?

Back