raleigh mustang

the ride in was fun enough to realize that i wont be doing a lap of mayhem on it! mind you, with a longer stem and the seatpost up, there could be a plan........ bb came a bit loose, but i expect thats the cups seating in the frame properly, or the jump down the bank into holme lacy road? ;)

or could it be the weighty pilot? just think, if the bb is suffering, what chance does the headset stand!!!

pub horse

my pub horse is in the early stages of construction. raleigh lizard, soon to be adapted to look like a breezer series 1 (sorry, i can't help myself) with, wait for it... full 2008 XT singlespeed groupset! i know what you're thinking - tosser. and you'd be right!

I think my Mustang is close to celebrating it's 20th birthday.
(And it's just starting a new life as a beach racer.)

Does anyone know in what year they started selling the black & red ones?

raleigh05lt6.jpg

I think I had a red/black one in 92 ish.... and it was a new purchase...near enough .

JeRkY":dsqvm8it said:
I think I had a red/black one in 92 ish.... and it was a new purchase...near enough .

Could it be it's from '89 or '90?
I bought it 'second hand' and I think that was in '91.

That's fantastic! I had a black & white Mustang. Broke the chainstay attempting some 'offroad', an unfinished footpath on a building site. Unfortunately they replaced it with an identical Mustang. Total bone. I saved up so hard for my Lava Dome.

I'm not convinced about the respray though, I think it looks rather comedy with the original finish. Loving the saddle.

Liking this too. Top 'rusttank' as we used to say

Definitely keep the pinkish frame though and stick some hammerite on those there dropouts ;)

Reminds me of some of my mates at school who 'lost' their leaden raleighs and then claimed insurance on them to buy konas and GT's instead :)

gump":2tkjupej said:
Funny, black and white mustang had riser bars and BMX size BB shell.
How modern is that! With BB30 std now, and people laffing at flat bars :LOL:

Yeah its full circle isnt it, using BMX bits, thinking back I loved my BMX as it was so rugged...MTB's went a bit roadie tech to lose weight and get nose downfor climbs and aero, then piled on the pounds again, added BMX tanky features again and risers and now, lots people saving weight again on DH/FR/AM stuff and going from risers to flatties on DH now to lower the fork hike!
Circles circles circles! :D healthy i guess :cool: :)

Mustangs - Awesome, brings back memories I had a red one THEN.. a B&W one! yep backwards, great old things, always wanted a Massif but never afforded one.

Good for you keeping the pages real and using teh thing of beauty. :cool:

Latest posts

Back