Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride CLAERWEN DAM NOON SAT

Re:

Yes thanks Joe. I was indeed out of my comfort zone in terms of how wet I could get, funny how something I would not have blinked at as a kid now seems like such an achievement.
It’s certainly re-ignited my passion for touring

Re: Re:

Bala sounds like a great idea - have to agree with everything other than the pannier comments too, ace weekend, thanks Joe! :LOL:

LongboardSi":k95ngycr said:
Think I’m top of the medium too, but they were good.
From Outdoor GB?

Yep!

Re: Re:

elPedro666":2hkh9tk4 said:
Random question for the guys with the SnugPak booties (my birthday is Saturday!): how's the sizing? I'm right at the very top end of the Medium but remember Joe's were falling down a bit so I'm reticent to go up to the large...
Cheers!

My down boots are xl in part because they were on sale at ridiculous discount but also they're used as overbooties for another pair of down boots!! Polar regions standard habit

LongboardSi":8hxco8od said:
Yeah, I'd have been disappointed if it had been mild and dry, and if the river level hadn't risen we wouldn't have got to laugh at Pete's pannier being swept off down the river...

Really enjoyed it
Yes si I’m still laughing at the pannier down the river moment :D

DICKO10":3cs5ik0h said:
LongboardSi":3cs5ik0h said:
Yeah, I'd have been disappointed if it had been mild and dry, and if the river level hadn't risen we wouldn't have got to laugh at Pete's pannier being swept off down the river...

Really enjoyed it

You know what you can both do :p

:LOL:

elPedro666":1x2olo22 said:
DICKO10":1x2olo22 said:
LongboardSi":1x2olo22 said:

Really enjoyed it

You know what you can both do :p

:LOL:
Obviously I mean that I enjoyed the ride in general, not just the pannier moment... ;)

Re:

Finally got round to adding my photos from this. Now on the Google docs thing. Almost forgot how much fun it all was...

Si F

Back