MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":1l5d0xkq said:
Can a Garmin be serviced/repaired?

FWIW I sent my edge 800 back to garmin out of warranty, it was sh!t from the get go, poor battery, really laggy, dodgy connecting... garmin wanted £80 for refurb, I was raging... 3 years later still using it, it's fast, battery is superb.. just looks retro now :D

RobMac":r91bo3wf said:
You are indeed correct, what I'm trying to find out is can it accept a 15mm axle adapter
and if so which one do I purchase given the number of hubs Hope have put out.
Well I got a set of Hope 15mm Pro2/Evo/Pro4 axle converters and they seem to fit OK :shock:
Now that's me got a pair of burly wheels for my burly steel hardtail :twisted:

RobMac":o9hziq5s said:
RobMac":o9hziq5s said:
You are indeed correct, what I'm trying to find out is can it accept a 15mm axle adapter
and if so which one do I purchase given the number of hubs Hope have put out.
Well I got a set of Hope 15mm Pro2/Evo/Pro4 axle converters and they seem to fit OK :shock:
Now that's me got a pair of burly wheels for my burly steel lardtail :twisted:

Edited for accuracy.

So I’ve been trying to get Shona’s biking skills on a bit, she still has the fear of any steep (read shallow) down gradient and twisting stuff with trees in close vicinity.

I’m taking her round the skills loop in the meedies and she’s starting to do easy rollers but still pulls up at some and can’t do anything transitioning from up/down with slight turn like baby berms.

Any tips on what advice or things I could try to help her progress would be greatly appreciated.

She’s starting to understand about body position and knows basics of standing up, bum back heels dipped etc but is feart to do it on down slopes.

keithyr":bn75w2n1 said:
or things I could try to help her progress would be greatly appreciated.

Skills course. She's no going to listen to you, but she will to someone who knows what they're talking about.
Try and find a women's only one. Made all the difference for my friends wife.

Back