mysterios (not so much bikes)

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right, here are: a Cycletech Genius and an I bis Avion. Do you know anything about the Cycletech? It's made in Taiwan but the brand is from Austria. The elastomers are new (motocross bottom out elastomers). I reckon it is a 1994 bike, even if on the seat tube there's a "CT 2001" sticher. I've seen similar frames by Pacific... If you are interested tell me

The Ibis, instead, must be the first model without u-brakes - 1989 I reckon. I got it NOS, and the non-original parts (saddle, stem, bars, bar ends, saddle) are there because it's my girlfriend's bike and she wanted to be more comfy. The groupset is a Suntour with brake levers-shifters combos, Specialized cranks and dia compe brakes). It is not the same bike tested on the German mag I've found in the archive, though. I know Avion was a kind of Japan made budget model, but nothing more. Got any info?

Attachments

• cycletech.JPG
    cycletech.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 4,143
  • avion.JPG
    avion.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 4,144
and here is my Yeti. Yes, there are newish parts, but I actually ride this bike and I was on a budget.

Attachments

• koko2.JPG
    koko2.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 4,131
cycletech I believe was part of chain of importers that used to advertise in MBA. bromleybike in the UK used to share the same advert. theres another famous shop in heidelburg (that escapes me, has yeti AS no.2 made there etc etc) that I believe was also part of the same chain.

... this is gonna bug me now.. so i'll have a quick scan through my MBAs tomorrow.

theres good info on Ibis on firstflightbike.com

However on the frame there's a badge in german indicating that Cycletech is Austrian ... Dunno, I also remember I think the first suspension model by Supergo was quite similar....
The name is pretty common, too

novekili":2c4ehxf1 said:
However on the frame there's a badge in german indicating that Cycletech is Austrian

Yes I believe thats true. "germans" is the other name of the shop I was trying to think of. Both cycletech & "germans" had riders racing the early-mid 90s grundig world cup @ plymouth. I remeber seeing loads of merlin XLMs on the start line with their decals on :)

Phaty probabily know more about this :)

i'm pretty sure that Cycletech is a long gone Swiss brand (not to confuse with MTB Cycletech, another Swiss brand). They speak German in Switzerland too ;) The frame is Taiwan made and was sold under different brand names, i think Muddy Fox had it in the program as well. There was a complete one in almost new condition for sale in Switzerland a year ago for only 90Euro

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread ... =cycletech

The former Yeti distributor in Heidelberg is German Moehren (German being his first name...)

Carsten

this frame you have used to be sold in france under the name Kozo and Muddy fox also had a version of it .

Latest posts

Back