MacRetro Trading Post

I have a very original (read worn :) ) Kona Cindercone spatter finish with pretty much full Suntour xcd groupset, I even think the tyres are original :shock: - downside cracked frame (behind crank, just after the cross brace) looks like a 19inch. Forks are fine.

I don't want to post this but will pass down the chain or drop off if it is nearish.
It's a mates, I was thinking a donation of £20 to charity, he recently gave up a kidney to one of his friends so I'll be asking him who the money goes to. As it is to charity feel free to offer more.

Attachments

• cinders.jpg
    cinders.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 1,165
Re:

Given the recent weather this might be a good purchase for someone.
I'm happy to collect, test ride :cool: , and deliver at the next MacRetro meet (probably in the summer :LOL: ).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180320-203703-576x931.jpg
    Screenshot_20180320-203703-576x931.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,137
Re:

Anyone fancy some summer Klunkin'? :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180409-215132-720x1005.jpg
    Screenshot_20180409-215132-720x1005.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,022
The Ken":22x5e8ab said:
I have a very original (read worn :) ) Kona Cindercone spatter finish with pretty much full Suntour xcd groupset, I even think the tyres are original :shock: - downside cracked frame (behind crank, just after the cross brace) looks like a 19inch. Forks are fine.

I don't want to post this but will pass down the chain or drop off if it is nearish.
It's a mates, I was thinking a donation of £20 to charity, he recently gave up a kidney to one of his friends so I'll be asking him who the money goes to. As it is to charity feel free to offer more.

Is this a 1" fork, if so what is the steerer length please? I ask as I have a Explosif in need!

Some wheels if anyone is interested - all 26"

Pick up only, sorry.

Hope sport 6 bolt, rear, 36h black 135mm QR on EX721(sport is the one with the full length disc mounting holes) -inc 160mm hope saw rotor near untouched.
Good nick, few scratches - £80

Hope sport 6 bolt, front, 32h, black on 121 ceramic -inc near untouched hope 183mm saw rotor
Again fair condition, few scratches, couple of wear points and pitting to the ceramic, but ok all the same. £50 Bearings shot. I can put in dunlop ones or diy.

Hope pro 2 ,front, 32h, rebuilt on mavic 719,black spokes a used rim but still ok. Built by Al Gow and unused since building -£40

Goldtech Sam DH oil filled -rear, 32h, gold, 135mm QR on mavic 121
I've made it take hope rotors so no adaptor is now required. (theres a lip i ground out the points over the holes which allow the hope shape to fit. To my own mind its nothing that would harm the hub.) £95

Hi all
My ex neighbour gave me this to see if I could sell for him. He picked it up at an auction for his step son, who never touched it so he asked if I could try and sell it for him.
It's a 2003 GT Jamie Bestwick pro model, looks pretty original with the exception of the seat, rear tyre, front brake removed which is pretty normal and the addition of a set of S&M bars with a Dirt Harry brake lever, which would be an upgrade for sure. It's in good condition with a bit of chipping here and there in the paint which is a British racing green colour.
He was wanting about £80 but I am sure he would take a bit less. I can bring it south with me next month if somebody wants it for their children or themselves.
It's a bit later than I am used to by about 20 years, but seems a decent bit of kit. Can take more pics or get more info if needed. Just thought I would put it here before anywhere else just in case some of the macretro clan were feeling a bit rad. :)

Jamie

DSC_1926 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Got a GT Avalanche LE frameset looking for a new home. From memory its 18" BB-TT but can check etc.

Decent condition no dents, could do with a good polish up etc.

was looking for around £50 OnO if that sounds right, plus postage if it needs delivered. Loads more pics if required.

PM me if interested.

Attachments

• gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 572

Latest posts

Back