Help identify Brodie model and year

Re:

Sorry, what was 1" on the ClimbMax? Are there any distinguishing features I should check for to confirm the model? Getting more and more curious over here :)

Great buy Daverro!

I know the book says ‘change to 1 1/8” head tube in April 1991’, but I’m pretty sure that didn’t include the climbMax. I’ve seen three or four climbMax frames dated by Paul as 1992 that were all still 1” and rear u-brake.

That looks to be a lovely purchase... enjoy!

Re: Re:

Retro_Roy":3gmr4oi5 said:
sovereign":3gmr4oi5 said:
B series started in April '90, so this should be a '91. The climbMax was always 1" I guess, so could be only catalyst or sovereign. From the seatstays I would say it's a sovereign ;)
Check page 270 in Paul's book. says April 91 started B series.
Also says switched to 1 1/8" April 1991, is this one 1 1/8"
if so you are correct there, not a climbMax.

But on page 114 Paul says that frame B001 was stamped July '90, which make more sense regarding the contract with K-bike. I own 3 b frames definetly built 1990.

Re:

that stem needs to be dropped. :facepalm:

and WHAT ARE those bar-end claws??? :LOL: at first i thought the were installed upside down. but if i'm not mistaken, the clamps look to be right side up! :shock:

My old Sovereign B085 was December 1990 and was one of the earlier 1 1/8” head tubes

OK, so i measured the diameter of the horrible quill stem that is on at the moment and its 25,4mm/1". So that makes it not a climbMax and either a Sovereign or Catalyst from what you are telling me? I found this post which if accurate points to an early 90s Catalyst viewtopic.php?f=78&t=378293&start=10. But i still wonder between that and Sovereign. Do we know of any actual confirmed differences between the two that i could look for?

If it’s 1” headtube, it could still be a climbMax. I have a 1992 climbMax dated by Paul and that’s still 1”

Back