Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration

Looking very good indeed!
Judging by Jims enthusiasm I suspect these will be built and finished by the weekend :)
Looking forward to it!

Jamie

Here’s hoping for rain, otherwise garage fun time will be suspended till me & Jimmy finish putting up the wife’s new summer house!

PeachyPM":m54h5qit said:
Here’s hoping for rain, otherwise garage fun time will be suspended till me & Jimmy finish putting up the wife’s new summer house!
Storage?

kingbling":25q7ouxm said:
Nice ! no one wants a Bob sticker on their Claud :LOL:
:LOL: Good spot! Yes, Jim had it removed in seconds! :LOL:

The History Man":1mgkc2e5 said:
PeachyPM":1mgkc2e5 said:
Storage?
Sort of.... it’s part of that constant challenge of earning “garage time” although it will free up some of my workshop space that has been contaminated! :D

Damn this fine weather, I'm booked in for summer house building all blooming weekend!
Never mind, I'll have to entertain myself with teaching Jimmy how to lace his re-chromed rims... propper shiney now :LOL:

Attachments

• file-2.jpeg
    file-2.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 384
Summer house almost complete, (just need to finish the felting of the roof) So Jimmy and I were allowed a little time off as a reward.
First set of parts we wanted to fit were the head sets, but with the lovely layers of paint & laquer layed on by The Donald and his chums at Bob Jacksons the half cups on the fork crowns did not want to fit & I certainly didnt want to force it and damage the new paint.... so I had an idea, popped the forks into the freezer for a couple of hours then heated up the ring/cup with my heat gun. It popped into place with the gentlists of taps from a piece of softwood... very pleased with myself! :D

Attachments

• HotRing.jpeg
    HotRing.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 365
  • FrozenFork.jpeg
    FrozenFork.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 365
Back