Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Took the "Gravel" bike for a spin with its recently acquired 27.5 wheels and "Road Plus" tyres. Have to say I do like the plumper tyres on the shitty roads around here :)
Anyway, the tyres are virtually slicks, so it was a bit sketchy in the snow this morning so I headed to the beach, where it turned out it was blowing a gale :facepalm: but at least there was no snow :LOL:

Attachments

• 20180318_095443-1062x597.jpg
    20180318_095443-1062x597.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 512
  • 20180318_094125-1062x597.jpg
    20180318_094125-1062x597.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 512
Re:

650b set up looks good. Horizons seem to be a fine choice.

Well after spending the last 6 weeks going between Glasgow and home twice a week and Heather being down there all this time it was nice to have a quiet family weekend at home. Weather was decent and we had given assurances to Calebs school that we would be there on Saturday morning to help with shifting several tonnes of topsoil that was being delivered to the raised garden beds at the back of the school. We also said we would bring our barrow and spades. With that the Dummy was loaded and the barrow bungied to the rails and off we went. Took it in it's stride no problem. Getting back up the hill after lunch was a bit of a drag and certainly wondered whether I should have passed on the bacon roll and carrot cake. Went to the cinema in the afternoon to see Peter Rabbit with Caleb. It was quite good and he loved it.
Today was another cargo day as Heather had said that one of her friends could borrow the fold up bed and as I was wanting to go for a ride, would I drop it off on the Dummy? No problem once again though I was heading straight down the road out the front of our house towards Dunnet head and the wind was a full on headwind from the north, straight up the road. This turned out to be lucky as on my return journey after cruising round the coast just for the sake of having a ride I looked behind and noticed the rain coming down not far away and heading my way. I appreciated the wind behind me as I tried to get home quickly. Made it with about a minute to spare.
Home in time to watch Gent Welvgem while pulling apart some Mafac Racer brakes I am cleaning up to hopefully go on the Jack Taylor. Purely cosmetic but I swapped out the black washer sleeves for some red ones I got from a gentleman in France the other week. Look great but it's not all beer and roses as I undid the second spring the wrong way round and it let loose in a very severe way and may have broken my finger. Made putting it all back together a real pain, literally.
A good quite family weekend for me and for that I am grateful.
Hope everyone else had a good one and maybe got some miles in.

Jamie

Wellies in bags, gloves, where's the shovel?
1 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Sunday and nice weather for a bed delivery :)
2 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

3 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Heading home back and the rains now coming
5 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Mafac before
01 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Mafac after
DSC_1829 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Mafac after first wash on arrival
11111 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jamiedyer":1wv23orp said:
...Getting back up the hill after lunch was a bit of a drag and certainly wondered whether I should have passed on the bacon roll and carrot cake....
You realise you were supposed to spread the topsoil, not take it home? :)

Nice Mafac Racers - proper brakes. Looking forward to seeing this Jack Taylor.

I went for a ride on my 1932 Sunbeam Road Racer following the canal from Muirton to Dochgarroch for lunch

Re:

Surly the cargo bike should be named "Long Haul Trucker" ? Instead of "Dummy"?

I wonder what else you could get on the back if it ? :?

Brakes look great Jamie.
Often wondered about polishing up the rear end of the STS. Always come to my senses when I realise just how long it would take to do properly.

Today I ended up sitting and watching Flanders this afternoon as every time I went to go out the door something else would go off. What a great race and seeing as I am a big Quick Step fan, it was a great result all round.
Afterwards I took a couple of hours spin round the coast trying to dodge the odd shower, which for once I did manage to do. Towards the end I was up at Dunnet Head and knew that if I didn't get home quickly I would soon be wet, either with rain or snow. Crazy weather as we had snow lying last night, today was either bright sunshine or dark rain clouds dropping their contents all with the occasional and random snow flurry.
I headed out on the Merckx seen as it was Flanders weekend and in honour of Quickstep winning I rode the closest thing I have to a Quickstep jersey and that was my old Paolo Bettini fan club jersey that was made in the old Mapei style. Not seen the light of day for a good while.
A good ride as all on my Merckx are and while sunny it was only just above freezing which meant being wrapped up. Roll on summer and short sleeves only.
I must say that after spending so much time on the Big Dummy lately, the Merckx felt effortless :)

Jamie

7 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

8 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

12 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

13 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I'll come and cheer you in mate :)
Anything you need just ask :)
I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Jamie

Back