Raleigh T.I. Team 753

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I am a happy owner of one now :) Frame still has its original team finish and is in used, but good condition. The Nuovo Record is very nice. The hubs say Michelin Competition and look exactly like Miche Competition hubs. Same? Immediately after purchase I took the bike in pieces for a big overhaul. Even with fork, headset and bottom bracket in place the frame feels ridiculously light. Size is 60. Serial starts with SB.

No pics yet, but it look like like 3th in this pic =>

R80-3800.jpg

So with non aero fork and cable routed with clamps on toptube. The pic from a 1980 catalogue (Bulgier). Only mine has little holes drilled in the dropouts (like the 2nd).

Currently haven't done much thinking on what to do with it, but as it is my size and as it will for sure make a great bike, it is likely it will become a rider and not something for on the wall.

wow! elev12k you have great taste in bikes. A genuine dream retro road bike for many i'm sure. looking foward to seeing pics. nice one

I'm a sucker for that paint scheme.....One of the blokes on that forum has a raleigh low profile with disc rear in that colour too.....i drool over the pics regularly

I understand the bike is happy with the kind words spoken by you. He says thx.

I will certainly take a good look at that website.

For as far the paintscheme is concerned: Honestly I am more a fan of blue/gold of the Koga FullPros. Raced by the Capri Sonne team around the same time. Slightly more classy. Of the Raleigh you could possibly say it was raced by Ronald McDonald, what actually isn't true, as it was raced by people like Jan Raas, Gerrie Kneteman, Hennie Kuiper and Joop Zoetemelk. Legendary and for its time very professional team led by Peter Post, later involved in the Panasonic team too.

Really looking forward to cleaning, building AND RIDING it!

Elev,

congrats, that is really a super find. Let's see some pics :cool:

Hello,

No pics yet. Till than this wil make you happy :) =>

Cool Raleighs, loads of them

Currently have no idea what to do. Already noticed little rust on top the toptube where the brakecable runs, but now it seems the rust is over the entire lenght. Touch up will maybe not as nice as repainting entire tt. Than also do the chainstay and 95% of optical imperfections will be solved, without hurting authenticity really much. Full repaint will look ace, but autenticity will suffer more. Speaking of repaints: This was one frame I spotted under the above hyperlink =>

ccb5_1.jpg

Not original, but I quite like it.

Back