NOVEMBER 1ST. Forest of dean ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would add that you need to pay for parking, so pack some change..

Oh, and I won't be riding a shonky old bike as they're all in pieces... modern for me...sorry! :oops:

Not long now and the weather forecast is :cool: :cool: :cool: !!!

Just got to shift this bloody cold now!! :roll:

Parking at Pedalabikeaway is £3 I iirc.

If anyone is staying at the bunkhouse in Parkend, Pedalabikeaway is only a 10-15 ride away down the cycle trail, it'd be wise to ride to the start as the main part of the ride on Sat will finish in Parkend with us just riding down the cyclepath for a warmdown type of thing.

Im sure thats the area I was in when using the tom tom to find the trail centre, I passed the rising sun pub etc :oops: It was very very quiet apart from the strange man with the most obvious wig that we asked directions :shock: :LOL:

The Rising Sun pub is a few miles from Parkend by road, we will be taking a lunch stop in the Rising Sun then heading down towards Parkend off road anyone who is tired can drop out there and head back on the cycle path, those of you who need more can then come on the after lunch loop, which should take 1.5 to 2 hours barring mechanicals etc...

All can be fine tuned on the day.

The Cannop Ponds and Speculation carparks in the vicinity are also free. I was intending to park at Speculation in any case - too mean to pay the car park fee at Pedalabikeaway!

Carol

Ive been there 3 times in last month and hadnt noticed it was a paying carpark :shock: :oops:

FOD Meet

Due to not getting the wheels built in time for the Manitou FS, it's looking like I may be on the Scale again unfortunately. That's the 20lb Scale. With disk brakes that stop you. Plush RL100's..... Ah well it'll get me out at least :LOL:

yeah who cares!! :D

So... Errmm .... anyone else getting a little excited about Saturday?? :shock:

I still feel crap so its going to be a horrible ...Cold sweat damn I shouldnt be doing this day for me!! :LOL: But the pint after will go down great :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back