Name that Frame… ID as '92 RM Blizzard!!!

myself":13arkrbt said:
EDIT2/
Sod the edit on my way to the loo 1993 RM Blizzard was black/white, filled in dropout (as they did in '93), very sloping, short wishbone top...

I meant 1992 there, same year as my Fusion.

Your Seatpost will more than likely be 27.0

Attachments

• RM 1992 Blizzard.jpg
    RM 1992 Blizzard.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 3,255
Yep RM was my first guess, just needed to check the model, and does look a 93.
Though they did use the long extension on earlier frames too, which threw me a bit.

Very nice frame. Too good for the missus ;)

Wow, thanx guys! That just made my DAY! :D

Never have I thought it was another Rocky, a "Blizzard" at that! And the same year it seems to my "Cirrus"! But how appropriate that I've been using my old RM shoulder holder saddle from my long lost "Experience" all this time.

FluffyChicken, next time your in Toronto, Canada let me know and we'll meet up for a pint, on me! ;)

Bike is DEFINITELY a keeper, and going to give it a little more TLC than I've given it over the years.

gump, i'm still gonna let the missus ride the bike. to me she deserves as nice a bike as for riding. but of course i'll still take it for a spin now and then! ;)

NOT 1993, but 1992 (see above where I mentioned it).
the post with the pictures and links.

1993 they changed from wishbone to fastback (or whatever they call it) and lightened a lot of their frames. Probably RM first major frame change for a while back then, for me loosing some of the character and started to look like all the rest.

All info you need on the bike (again like the 27.0 seatpost diameter so you do not over tighten ;)) is in the brochure in the archive or in the magazine scan area.

I'm not sure how you're telling it's a 92 and not a 91 without the paint. It clearly isn't a 90, as the 90 had a rear U-brake. I haven't got a pic of a 92 seat tube, but it could be that the pulley to allow a BP FM (see below) is only on the 91.

Edit - I now see your frame has no pulley, so could well be 92 - was that how you told the difference?

Attachments

• 1992 Blizzard frame Concept tubes.jpg
    1992 Blizzard frame Concept tubes.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 933
  • 1991 Blizzard frame.jpg
    1991 Blizzard frame.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 933
Incidentally, if it is a Blizzard, it will have Tange Prestige Concept tubes, which are notable for (a) the top tube and the down tube are the same thickness, (b) both are ovalised, (c) both are tapered, 3.0 x 2.7 cm at the rear to 3.4 x 3.0 cm at the front.

I don't think any other tubeset had those dimensions.

Anthony":33uhkruu said:
I'm not sure how you're telling it's a 92 and not a 91 without the paint. It clearly isn't a 90, as the 90 had a rear U-brake. I haven't got a pic of a 92 seat tube, but it could be that the pulley to allow a BP FM (see below) is only on the 91.

Edit - I now see your frame has no pulley, so could well be 92 - was that how you told the difference?

The 1991 Blizzard frame is similar in style to my 1991 Altitude, 1992 has a lot of changes.

1) Dropouts
1991 had holes in them, 1992 did not.

2) Front Mech 'noodle'
1991 has a routing noodle from top tube to seattube, 1992 does not.

3) Front gear and brake guide stops.
1991 they are on the Headtube, 1992 they moved them to the top tube.

Any more differences you need ?

is the seat tube Prestige tubing as well? i can't get either the 26.8 or 27.2 seatpost down to even close to the upper watercage bolt area.

Back