HOW MUCH !!! Apple Mac Costs !!

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys , been using a macbook now for some time it has to be said that they are fantastic to use.. every thing on it feels solid and well made.

I had been using Pc's for years before I made the switch just purely from a business point of view and fancied a change, anyway about 2 months ago , the keyboard started to play up , in the way that the bottom row of keys would intermittently work :roll: and when I went out to work one day, I came home to find that the casing around the machine was damaged :evil: :evil: :twisted:

I ask the mrs only to receive it might have been my younglin :roll: :twisted: anyway I contacted apple to see about repair and they referred me to a apple repair centre :roll: I phoned them and explained the problem and have said that roughly it would be

Two hours labour at £ 160.00 PH
Plus parts, which they would not even give me an idea to the costs ! all they said that I may be better off buying another new machine !! Am I being ripped off or what !!

Anyone know if this is about the going rate or, if you know someone else who might be able to undertake the work for me cheaper, as the machine is out of its warranty :roll: so it does not have to be an approved apple dealer :)

Yes, all Apple products that I've ever encountered (and that's a lot, over a very long period of time) have been a rip-off. Parts are almost always outrageously expensive (100 USD for a single hinge sound good to you?) and £160/hr for labour is ludicrous.

Do yourself a favour and ditch it (if you really must have a laptop) for a Dell. I'm not aware of any other manufacturer who has better availability of service documentation and parts availability is as good as it gets...

BTW, if it's just the keyboard that's damaged (and it might well be that, or even just the connector having become partially disconnected) there ought to be plenty of people around you who could replace or repair that for less than £60/hr, never mind 160.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mac prices do suck. They take the piss, everyone I know with a Powerbook has had to replace the power cable at least once for £60 a time.
I mean you pay ridiculous money for something that's gonna break down in a year or two, just f--ks me right off!! :twisted: Whenever I can I buy from non-Apple companies because they're cheaper and it's two fingers to Apple.

Saying that though I do love my Powerbook, it just feels so much better an a plastic pc, I guess that's what we pay through the nose for, the brand.

Rant over.... :LOL:

beepbeep":33hyu326 said:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mac prices do suck. They take the piss, everyone I know with a Powerbook has had to replace the power cable at least once for £60 a time.
I mean you pay ridiculous money for something that's gonna break down in a year or two, just f--ks me right off!! :twisted: Whenever I can I buy from non-Apple companies because they're cheaper and it's two fingers to Apple.

Saying that though I do love my Powerbook, it just feels so much better an a plastic pc, I guess that's what we pay through the nose for, the brand.

Rant over.... :LOL:

I agree Apple prices are :evil: and the company pisses me off with their control. But once found a not Apple shop then life is better. Mac's are much better to use. :D

As my monicker states - being said Ming of the Kip Skonkeys, I recently found a Mac Book Pro at the local recycling centre. I used to repair these so when it didnt power up, the error codes said new main board time. So, put it on ebay for £1

it sold, as a spares repair only, for over £350! I nearly fell of my stool...

Back