do you still ride the trails you did your apprenticeship on?

Re: Re:

The History Man":183pc0u7 said:
M-Power":183pc0u7 said:
No but i hope to again. Always too many nimbys and petty minded fuss pots campaigning against cycle routes. Its amazing the resources spent stopping cyclists from having any fun.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/heath-gua ... -1-5394446

Needs a Govt backed national change in the laws so its acess
all areas imo. Not been back to Epping on a bike yet but fingers crossed.
Funny how the map and picture are two different places? I’d like to see C & D joined together at least. They could widen the path and allow it. Nothing bugs me more than disjointed cycle routes and routes that lead nowhere and end abuptly.

Been a long time since I rode free on the heath. (87-92) When was it restricted?
I honestly cant remember, I think it was late 80s but i remember meeting quite a few people who had been nicked for riding illegal paths on the heath around that time.

Agreed Ultrazenith. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to ride pretty much anywhere off-road ?

Still doing mine, keep getting dropped by knobbers on new 29ers.

Cuts deep, especially when they then overtake me on the motorway on the way home in fecking Audi’s......

Kind of... I moved away for about 15 years and coming back 5 years ago, I still ride the same places...but not the same trails.
Thing is mtbng has had a huge boom here and there has been loads of funding for trails which is good and bad.
Where it used to be lots of fire roads, double stack and walking tracks with some sweet singletrack lining it all, is now dedicated mtb trails, loads of trails. Some of the old stuff still exists, but arn't regularly used so lots of erosion and overgrown.

Re:

No, and thank goodness for that!

Ya see, I was an urban rider that only occasionally found a wooded trail dotted around leeds.

Say, roundhay, gledhow etc...sometimes we would ride to otley (tarmac all the way) just to do the short woodland trail that connects otley road to the back of the farm carboot, and out again in 5 mins.

We were not that deprived of cross country trail in leeds, we just didn't know of them!

Even though we pedalled around terraced housing, we still treated our bikes like we were expected to. this is upgrades such as barrends, flex-stems and spokey dokeys#
Utterly pointless, but that was the thing to do and we loved it.

Only in my Early 30's have i realised the benefits of maps, internet etc..to create a ride from scratch. Sometimes i hijack knowledge to boost things along. Apart form that i'm always exploring to keep things fresh and ever-expanding.

Caveat proviso. I actually get time to ride, that is. :?

#Thanks kellogg's!

Back