Name that Frame… ID as '92 RM Blizzard!!!

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
K, I have this spare bike in my garage, a commuter from YEARS back. Mid 90's I would say but the frame itself is dated probably earlier. Picked it up from a guy selling it, not someone I actually knew. The bits and parts were decent on it hence why I bought it, but not sure if any of it was original on it.

For sure the fork, saddle and stem are NOT from the bike. As I was in U, I had the time back then to strip most of the components off the bike, sand, mask and re-painted it the nice metallic grey it is now. So please note the colour is NOT original. If I had better parts, I put them on, hence the fork, saddle the odd parts here and there. The cheap zoom adjustable stem I put on more recently to entice my wife to start biking. Kinda worked.

The bike itself as it is now is fairly light. So I'm guessing the frame is decent. So thought it be nice to try and identify. Sizing is about 15" or so. Hopefully you kind gents with the knowledge can help me out.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 3,844
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,844
Some more detailed shots. Biggest clue I'm guessing would probably be the seat tube area. Seems very distinct to me, but what do I know.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3,837
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3,838
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 3,838
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,838
And some more pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 3,831
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3,831
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 3,831
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 3,831
Serial Number stamped on the bottom appears to be split into to parts as "19112 9335"

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3,828
Looks interesting!

Not guru enough to know, but some p2's, and nice bits all over. I hope for goodness sake that the seatpost goes past the cluster!!

Looking forward to an expert opinion....

p.s. that stem has got to GO!

AREPO":ieoqlhna said:
Looks interesting!

Not guru enough to know, but some p2's, and nice bits all over. I hope for goodness sake that the seatpost goes past the cluster!!

Looking forward to an expert opinion....

p.s. that stem has got to GO!

Hahaha, well I'd raise the stem to the max, quickly re-adjust the handlebar and lower the saddle for my wife to ride the bike in a more upright relaxed position. In it's current stretched out position pictured, it be for me to ride.

Not sure what you mean the seatpost goes past the cluster. But the seatpost seems to be too small for the seat tube at the moment.

Oh the downtube is definitely not round, but oval, if that helps. It's obvious when i clasp it to hang it up. Can't tell if the toptube is the same with the cables in the way.

Looks amazingly like your RockiMtn name would suggest.

Forward seatclamp, Sloping Top Tube and long extended seat tube, wishbone stays, noodle style routing is something they played with, Ritchey dropout where used on their higher end bikes, hand stamped frame number is also something they did. (cannot see the left hand side numbers properly).

Not saying it is as so do a few others, but I woudl say the gear cables are running down the worng sides (j/k) ;)

EDIT:/
Though I forget to add what makes me think it is not an RM.
There would be a hole in the stays part, I do not remember seeing that style noodle routing on anything other than say a KONA, god forbid

EDIT2/
Sod the edit on my way to the loo 1993 RM Blizzard was black/white, filled in dropout (as they did in '93), very sloping, short wichbone top...

Think that may be it, not sure on the rear noodle though.

AREPO":1ccde4xc said:
I hope for goodness sake that the seatpost goes past the cluster!!

Ah, got it now. yeah ... i gotta check on that. not sure how far the post extends down. i might have checked that bitd, but i better confirm just in case. gives me a good reason to get a new post anyway. as i said, it's too narrow in diameter. i have to really tighten the clamp HEAVY to make it stop it twisting.

another thing to add is the original stem i believe was a black ritchey with integrated cable guide. but i can't confirm that as i have seemed to have misplaced it when i installed the adjustable zoom for the missus. also wouldn't be able to confirm it was an original stock part either though.

Latest posts

Back