Recommend me a cordless drill? Ryobi?

mdvineng":1n6gjqr2 said:
Dewalt change battery cases regularly making it useless within a few years

Thats true and very bloody annoying at first. Fortunately, there are plenty of after-market options.

My DIY drills are now fed using compatible batteries off of Amazon. Higher capacity than the originals and cheap.

Anybody want these old Bosch bodies?

Are chucks removable? Presumably all the brands are different again. What a waste. Bodies are still perfectly useable.

Attachments

• cordless coffee maker (Medium).jpg
    cordless coffee maker (Medium).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 751
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I have a thing for drills... :oops:

This was my latest purchase to accompany the other cordlesses, and the 110V corded BoschHammer which is an absolute monster...

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gbh-18 ... bare/8983j

Obviously not bought from screwfix, and complete with a couple 5Ah batteries and the obligatory Sortima / L-Boxx case...

The best thing in the world though is their impact drivers - I often find myself wandering round the house wondering where I can put screws in next, or thinking of things to make for the house just so I can use it... :LOL:

For the last 30 years I have always bought Bosch power tools. But I thought I'd ask as They all seemed much of a muchness at my price point. I like the idea of a 'one battery fits all' system as all my other tools are corded so maybe time for a few upgrades.......

But not a coffee pot.

Buffing wheel? I have small mop heads for my drill.

Late to the party. My favorite cordless drill is similar to this.

Never demands attention. Never fails. Ultra precise. Always ready to go. Usable anywhere. Retro. Cost 3 Euro.

Attachments

• Old drill.jpg
    Old drill.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 719
The History Man":2tibwlbb said:
Raised a chuck le.

Not sure if that will save me from ikea hell.

Have you bought it to assemble things? If so, return the drill and get an impact driver as per my previous post.

They are incredible pieces of kit.

They don't drill holes, but if you're putting in / taking out screws / bolts nothing comes close.

I'm a firm believer in specific tools for specific jobs - don't use a drill to put in screws, no matter how versatile you think the thing is!

i used makita for years but when my van got emptied for me by someone who thought I didn't need to work anymore I needed a drill quickly. I bought a Milwaukee combi and impact set and it is an excelent piece of kit. However I still bought a bare makita combi cos I still had the spare battery and charger. Also because it is just a great drill. Light and controlled. The dewalt combi I got from my present firm has a bit of lag on the trigger and isn't as pressure sensitive as the makita. In fact I would say that if your doing more delicate work like screwing into plastics then a cheap makita is the best drill you can get and will handle pretty much anything around the house.

Back