New summer house project.

I think you did a great job with this, kudos! Nice a watertight I hope, especially with the recent weather.

Just an update, someone was admiring my summer house, to the point where they would like me to build one for them. Very happy with that.

fattiman":331z2qi7 said:
What would something like that cost?
Good question.
But when I was looking to build this summerhouse I looked at how much I would pay at my local garden center and the figure of somewhere between £5k - £8k was quite normal. But that didn’t include some aspects of my build, like the shingled roof, the double skin with insulation, the addition of electrical lights and sockets, the laminating Etc.
I ended up paying around £1700 for all the materials used.
The person who was looking at my summerhouse thought around £5k would be a good price to pay for the level of finish on my summerhouse.
So this could be the start of something great for me.

Superb! It certainly looks very good quality - I am sure there is a market for bespoke Summerhouses, particularly in the "footballers wives" areas of Cheshire!
I wouldnt know where to start with a project like that - I cant even make a step out of decking for the garden!

fattiman":1bav667c said:
Superb! It certainly looks very good quality - I am sure there is a market for bespoke Summerhouses, particularly in the "footballers wives" areas of Cheshire!
I wouldnt know where to start with a project like that - I cant even make a step out of decking for the garden!
Now if I could get a few orders off premiership footballers. That would be amazing.

Re:

I have made a scale model of the design I think would work best for the guy who has asked me to build him a summer house, I was just going to do a drawing but I think it works better in 3D, this particular summer house will be 4.5 m x 3m so plenty big enough.

Attachments

• 28D9B8AA-B666-43A3-BC4B-7AF426F57021.jpeg
    28D9B8AA-B666-43A3-BC4B-7AF426F57021.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3,202
Back