Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

After falling off me bike I unwrapped this to cheer meeself up - been sitting in my sister's loft for a couple of years as I got it delivered to her due to otherwise extortionate "highland" delivery charges =D

Destined eventually to be the rear on the Shand modded '92 Explosif (aye, remember that one LOL)

P1130201 by A_chralaig, on Flickr

Just need some spokes and a suitable disc hub now :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Went for a short ride on the Inbred after I put drop bars on it yesterday. Also because the Mrs said I was grumpy and ought to get out for a while :LOL: was probably grumpy because I've not been on a bike for a week or two :D
I had a blast on the single speed with drop bars, felt very natural being in the drops.
Riding my gravel bike on anything other than fire roads feels harsh, due to the 35c tyres, but with the big 29x2.3 tyres on the Inbred it gives a bit of cushioning, running them tubeless too so they roll well over obstacles.
Bike weighs in at just over 25lbs too, no wonder it felt pretty swift along the single track :)

Attachments

• 20180204_172239-844x582.jpg
    20180204_172239-844x582.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 604
keithyr":341ptxba said:
Nice looking bike Jim, what are those forks?

I keep getting asked this, I'd like to say they're some fancy Ritchey WCS or 9iner carbon forks, but they're just cheapo carbon forks from Guangdong Province via ebay :LOL:

They do look smart Jimo and they do remind me of those carbon Niner forks.

With Heather being away, Caleb and I decided to head to Inverness to meet up with Brian for a ride taking in the canal/river down to the Loch itself.
A shortish ride in the scheme of things but just the right length for the little man today to spend a nice couple of hours cruising along in the sunshine laughing and joking with Brian. He had a ball, just loves being out and about on the bikes and especially likes to come on a ride with Brian. Sun was shining but it was cold and was certainly noticeable once the sun started getting low. Was very icy/frosty up here this morning and even with clear blue skies and sun shining by the time we got home the roads were still frozen so I don't think there was much heat in the sun today.
Shame I couldn't get to Dunkeld but lucky that we got a good ride out, in the end.
Hope all those at Dunkeld and elsewhere in macretro land had a nice day. Hope it was sunny wherever you were.

Jamie

10 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

12 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

14 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

15 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

16 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Looks like a nice ride Jamie, and decent weather for it too, if a little cold.
My Mrs has family near Inverness, think I'll try and have a ride along the canal next time i'm down there, maybe even get her on her bike as well, I take it it's all canal towoath gravel path type of surface?

Hi Jimo
Yeah, it's a gravel path, couple of miles long and nice and easy riding. If we have space next time I will put Calebs bike in as it's perfect for him to put a few miles in and then ride back up the other side.

Jamie

Back