Another Trimble

OldDude

Retro Newbie
Last week BikeHoarder posted some images of my Vit-T so I thought I'd better let you see my other oldie.

I've had this Trimble from new but I can't recall what year I bought the frame. If I still have the receipt I'll let you know.

Paintwork is original and it's DX throughout with Richey Vantage Comp rims and XT thumbies. Seat post and bar ends are Control Tech with X-Lite titanium bars.

Tyres are Contis with a nice orange stripe down the middle that goes with the paintwork.

To make it more comfortable for my ageing bones the original Manitou forks and Control Tech 0 degree stem were swapped a couple of years ago for the Marzocchis and that ugly stem. To add a bit more stopping power v-brakes were fitted to the front at the same time and this is why it has a miss-match of brake levers. I've stiil got all of the old parts so it can be returned to a period look any time but it still gets used oof-road and it's amazingly smooth with this set up.

The only problem, if it can be called that, is that the seat cover has become unglued from the base at the rear. I've tried using a couple of types of glue to fix it but it hasn't worked so far. Anyone got any tips?

Attachments

• Trimble_3.jpg
    Trimble_3.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 2,170
  • Trimble_2.jpg
    Trimble_2.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 2,170
  • Trimble_1.jpg
    Trimble_1.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 2,170
The bike could be very nice with some changes.... 1'st: the stem is very very very wrong for that bike! The hanldebar also and the tyres and the fork etc.... :)

Trimbles= the most marmite of all the marmite bikes, an interesting bike certainly, but I still cannot bring myself to like them :p

It's 356.

I've looked for the receipt but I can't find it. I think I bought the frame some time around 1992. Does the frame number help to date it?

OldDude":1wge50p4 said:
It's 356.

I've looked for the receipt but I can't find it. I think I bought the frame some time around 1992. Does the frame number help to date it?

My first T was 222 which was early 92. My others are 230, 245, 393 & 409

Trimbles= the most marmite of all the marmite bikes, an interesting bike certainly, but I still cannot bring myself to like them

Agreed, I'd love to ride one in my size to help me decide :?

Back