The HiFi chat, build and modification thread!

Ebay, box it up and off courier postage, lots of drop off points

Except the speakers maybe as they'll be a bit big and heavy

Re:

Thanks LGF, not sure got time to box up for couriers so may try local FB type pages first, it's not like it owes me anything much so price wise, somewhere between what it's potentially worth and cheaper than that should be a good deal for someone :LOL: :LOL:

videojetman":1j4esbkm said:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mag-lev-audio-the-first-levitating-turntable-vinyl#/
Never posted here, but just seen this, looks amazing.
Cooool

Good afternoon can anyone please recommend some valve friendly i.e. sensitive stand mount speakers? I have an upgraded Fatman itube in need of better speakers.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Those KEF are very low sensitivity, I'd look at something else at around 89db upward.

Q acoustics, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 get mentioned a lot.

Theres some much older kit that goes well with valves such as the large Leak Sandwich speakers from the 1970's - but they always need a tweak or two as the bass drivers sag and need inverting.

Often over looked is all the Japanese stuff from the 1980's and 90's, very cheap, sound great and very sensitive.

Really? I’m surprised by that. Having hooked up half a dozen different pairs over the last few months, these are the easiest to drive.

I have some Mission 752 which are famously easy to drive with valve amplification

Postage only though, you'd need to find some tweeters!

Back