BotM January 2018

Noka78's Brodie Catalyst 1989, Pauls personal bike 20,5" - custom made

Last year i found Pauls Catalyst in very poor condition in the north of Germany. The brodie stem and the Interloc seatpost were fixed so it needs a lot of time, chemical fluids and staying power to get them out.
After a conversation with Paul he told me that was his personal bike and he did changes later in the early 90s on the head tube 1" to 11/8" and used a second noodle on the toptube for a cleaner cable routing to the rear mech. The custom paint job did The Art Dept. with full of green outline-faded four-leaf-clovers.
That was really a lucky moment and i did at first the preservation and start the buildup with the black line of Shimano XT parts. The McMahon power brake fits perfect to the Interloc seatpot, also the Ringle quick release skewer and a white Turbo makes this bike faster ;)
I enjoyed the buildup and ride with them a lot...

Here you'll find all my passion of the buildup
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/pauls-b ... de.854284/

cheers
Norman

Great job on a unique Brodie Norman :)

noka78":36zx1fb7 said:
cheers
Norman

Great work Norman, i loved looking through the thread, i say look as i cant read German so ended up just looking at the pictures :)

The Pace gets my vote, it was like the Aston Martin of its day, whilst I wouldn't have wanted to own one in those colours, they certainly depict the era.

The Ritchey gets my 2nd, for heratige reasons alone.

Still 6 days to get your entries in folks

noka78":3auwshhw said:

Last year i found Pauls Catalyst in very poor condition in the north of Germany. The brodie stem and the Interloc seatpost were fixed so it needs a lot of time, chemical fluids and staying power to get them out.
After a conversation with Paul he told me that was his personal bike and he did changes later in the early 90s on the head tube 1" to 11/8" and used a second noodle on the toptube for a cleaner cable routing to the rear mech. The custom paint job did The Art Dept. with full of green outline-faded four-leaf-clovers.
That was really a lucky moment and i did at first the preservation and start the buildup with the black line of Shimano XT parts. The McMahon power brake fits perfect to the Interloc seatpot, also the Ringle quick release skewer and a white Turbo makes this bike faster ;)
I enjoyed the buildup and ride with them a lot...

Here you'll find all my passion of the buildup
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/pauls-b ... de.854284/

cheers
Norman

Outstanding!

Back