Warning Magnesium (Mg) Content - 1993 Kirk Revolution LX

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
First of all apologies for my sabbatical from the forum. I have been dropping by now and then and did have a good catch up with the gang at Mountain Mayhem 2017 but as other things have consumed my life sadly RB took a little bit of a back seat.

However fear not, for I am back with a bang, and with this little gem if the conditions were right it could all go up with a bang literally!!!

Now I know this post will divide the Retrobike Camp in some way (I am standing by for LGF's onslaught) and some will say "Why in gods name have you got that???" But I am hoping that some of you will see the relevance of saving a piece of radical MTB design and engineering. I've always had a hankering for a Kirk, seen a few at various meets and got chance to see Retrospuds (Nicks) up close at MM17 which further wetted my appetite to find one, it was an itch that needed scratching!!

By the way Nick, your thread on your two Kirks had me entertained, i am still chuckling now at it.

So here it is, my newly acquired 1993 Kirk Revolution LX (Better pics will follow once the British weather improves) This bike since its manufacture had spent most of its life hanging up in a Bike Shop in rural Norfolk until one day the owner eventually sold it on to a local lad. Now this local lad is also a RB Member (His screen tag eludes me) but anyway he was the previous owner before myself, and during his ownership of this Magnesium Marvel it maybe made it out of the house for a couple of light rides, hence its still in mint condition. Anyway it was a FB Add on one of the cycling forums that caught my eye, and the obligatory 'Dibs, I'll take it' followed by a mutual meet up in the wonderful city of Norwich. I met up with Robert who gave me a quick run down of the bike, which also included a nice catch up and chat about bikes in general (Turns out our paths have crossed at Retrobike events in the past) We did the obligatory exchange of Scheckles and the bike was loaded up and came home to Jussa's Man Cave.

Now for what ever reason the bike had undergone some changes. The UNO Quill Stem had been removed and a Quill to Ahead converter fitted along with a Syncros Ahead Stem. The LX Cantis had also been swapped out for some WTB Speedmaster Copies and Levers and Shifters replaced by some REAL Anodised Levers and some basic STX 7 Speed Trigger Shifters. Wheels, Tyres & Saddle were also not OG. However the bulk of the group-set (Shimano M560) was all there and looking very clean and tidy.

I've removed the Syncros and have a NOS UNO Stem inbound. At the moment you will see a Profile Stem in its place. I've also had a good chat with Retrospud (Nick) who being the top bloke he is, has managed to sort me out some Black LX Canti's and LX Shifters/Levers to replace the current set-up. Cheers Nick once again your support and assistance is much appreciated.

Ok, whilst I seek refuge in the Bomb Shelter awaiting the onslaught, I will let the pics do the talking and hopefully over the next month or so will have some better pics showing how my re-build is going.

Jussa :roll:

Attachments

• image9 (2).jpeg
    image9 (2).jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2,329
  • image10 (3).jpeg
    image10 (3).jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,329
  • image11 (1).jpeg
    image11 (1).jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,329
  • image6 (3).jpeg
    image6 (3).jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,329
  • image7 (2).jpeg
    image7 (2).jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,329
  • image13.jpeg
    image13.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,329
  • image8 (2).jpeg
    image8 (2).jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 2,330
giphy.gif

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":39hhjpcq said:
Nice forks ;)

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaay someone finds a small part of my bike appealing, even if it’s just the forks, I’ll take it :LOL:

Re:

Whilst out riding in the wilds of Norfolk Jussa's Kirk experienced a minor malfunction :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• whitephosphorussaudi.jpg
    whitephosphorussaudi.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,282
Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":vhh677up said:
Whilst out riding in the wilds of Norfolk Jussa's Kirk experienced a minor malfunction :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: lol that’s brilliant, and actually not a million miles away from my day job as a purveyor of explosives :facepalm:

Back