Most Expensive Retro Build Spec Possible.. Theoretically !

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":19ebjdf3 said:

I know theres plenty of spec crossover but surely thats more of a BMX specific BB part. Prices on the others mentioned..... purlease

Good point. Should have checked the exchange rate :facepalm: Lets call it £10000 for just the Cunningham frame then.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

ferrus":2om36yjr said:
Until it's ousted by a better choice; Strange Cycles reverse action brake levers @ say £250+ ?

Sombody sold NOS Grafton re-entry levers for £350 on here recently. Plenty more parts needed with all important prices !

Re:

Sure. The Strange are an unknown quantity. They're rare and little-known so could pass unnoticed, but I wouldn't be surprised if a NOS set fetched £400 to a German or Japanese collector. Same situation with Westpine hubs (which haven't really established collectable status).

ferrus":1fzvshk8 said:
Haaland":1fzvshk8 said:
I guess the most expensive I've seen is a NOS XTR m900 with grafton perches. €500 or so, if I don't remember wrong
That's got to be good for the win, definitely more than the Proshifts.

What about Technogen Quantum shifters though? Rarity doesn't guarantee a high value for sure, but it only needs a couple of competing collectors...
https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/attachmen ... pg.154685/

I bought NOS Proshifts and that XTR/Grafton price is higher so maybe a winner, although it's all subjective and if two bidders go crazy, any item could be a winner.

Re:

Indeed - regarding Proshift mech's etc, it's disappointing how little it's appreciated in value in comparison to say Paul's though.

Haven’t seen all the extra stuff that is necessary to max out this build:
- Bullseye pulleys (or maybe something more expensive ?) - €50
- Hite Rite Titanium - ?
- Tioga Disc Drive rear - more expensive that spokes? - € 1000 for a NOS
- IRD RQR remote qr - € 180
- WTB seat post pump - € 200
- some superlight tubes for the tires - don’t know what, but I think that is up to € 100 a pair
- some ridiculous expensive seat?
- titanium cassette?
- titanium chainrings?
- aftermarket tuning kit - titanium bolts?

Back