What BB ? Pics up CANNONDALE

Tc

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just about to build my cad3 Dale but can you tell me what bb & spindle I need?

Re: What BB ? Pics up

Yeah, that looks like a hollowgram interface.

Think a few low/mid range cannondales came with FSA chainsets (as the cannondale manufactured hollowgrams are rather expensive!!) but still used the cannondale bottom brackets.

2 second google gets me this https://stage21bikes.com/cannondale-hol ... ket-109mm/
But i'd be looking for a manual to make doubly sure exactly what bottom bracket you need.

Re: What BB ? Pics up

Hollowgram axle and external bearings required - a quick sniff around the internet seems to be BB30 and all that jazz.

I have some Cannondale/ Sugino arms if you get stuck, they are some sort of isis fit.

Mines a threaded bb shell not a push fit if that helps

But I fear I may have to move it on as if doesn’t sound very straight forward?

Yeah, don't think there are any good solutions to getting hollowgram fitted to a BS68 shell. They use a 30mm spindle.
So you'd need a BS68/BB30 bottom bracket (which do exist) then dicking around with longer axles and spacers and blah.

Get a standard crank........

And just noticed you said CAAD3, which i think predates cannondales initial stab at pressfit.

mattr":7qx78k36 said:
Yeah, don't think there are any good solutions to getting hollowgram fitted to a BS68 shell. They use a 30mm spindle.
So you'd need a BS68/BB30 bottom bracket (which do exist) then dicking around with longer axles and spacers and blah.

Get a standard crank........

And just noticed you said CAAD3, which i think predates cannondales initial stab at pressfit.

Cheers Matt

Back