Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:43 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

this is a first for me regarding serial numbers. where is it supposed to be located on the cranks? :?

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:06 pm 
Retro Guru

It’s usually hand etched / engraved on the back of the spider Frank. Well; mine are at least. These ones are very nice; a lovely complete set. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

ah okay, i'm assuming you're referring to the power disc that the spyder is mounted to. now i "vaguely" remember maybe seeing that, and i must have not put too much thought into it. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:17 pm 
Old School Grand Master

[/quote]
there is a guy on eBay from Hungary who sold at least 15-20 Syncros cranksets (without chainrings) in the last couple of years. According to the photos in those eBay ads, they do not have serial nr.
Now I'm not stating anything, and everybody can draw their own conclusion, but what I know is my Revolution has a serial number. And a buddy of mine has a Revo too, and his also has a serial number...[/quote]

Mine has a hand etched serial no too. Even if the Hungarian ones are ‘repros’ they have stood the test of time and use.

Last edited by M-Power on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:23 pm 
Retro Guru

Yes; that’s the correct terminology and what I meant. Thanks. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

M-Power wrote:

there is a guy on eBay from Hungary who sold at least 15-20 Syncros cranksets (without chainrings) in the last couple of years. According to the photos in those eBay ads, they do not have serial nr.
Now I'm not stating anything, and everybody can draw their own conclusion, but what I know is my Revolution has a serial number. And a buddy of mine has a Revo too, and his also has a serial number...[/quote]

Mine has a hand etched serial no too.[/quote]

Agree with Will. Not trying to start a debate either but have had three sets (2 110 1 compact) and all had SNs. I think these just "slipped through the crack" as they are surely authentic Syncros Revs. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying them actually. They are beautiful! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I can’t bring myself to ride them in the dirt they look so pretty :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Smithjss70 wrote:
Agree with Will. Not trying to start a debate either but have had three sets (2 110 1 compact) and all had SNs. I think these just "slipped through the crack" as they are surely authentic Syncros Revs. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying them actually. They are beautiful! :lol:

i don't think there's anyone out there debating that these aren't authentic, and that there are "reproduction" Syncros revolutions out there. more a discussion about a not very known fact that some came with and others without serial numbers. revolutions where available from early 90's to late 90's and there could have been serial numbers hand etched at the start, and just not done in later batches. also it's in a not so obvious location, especially with rings installed and mounted on the bike.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

RockiMtn wrote:
Smithjss70 wrote:

i don't think there's anyone out there debating that these aren't authentic, and that there are "reproduction" Syncros revolutions out there. more a discussion about a not very known fact that some came with and others without serial numbers. revolutions where available from early 90's to late 90's and there could have been serial numbers hand etched at the start, and just not done in later batches. also it's in a not so obvious location, especially with rings installed and mounted on the bike.

I hear ya Frank. Just making sure I wasn't suggesting otherwise....as was Will I expect.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm 
Retro Guru

M-Power wrote:
I can’t bring myself to ride them in the dirt they look so pretty :lol:

Southern ponce. :lol: