Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:43 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 9130
Location: Oh Canada!
this is a first for me regarding serial numbers. where is it supposed to be located on the cranks? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Register or login to remove these adverts


 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:06 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:58 am
Posts: 438
Location: Incoming...
It’s usually hand etched / engraved on the back of the spider Frank. Well; mine are at least. These ones are very nice; a lovely complete set. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 9130
Location: Oh Canada!
ah okay, i'm assuming you're referring to the power disc that the spyder is mounted to. now i "vaguely" remember maybe seeing that, and i must have not put too much thought into it. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:17 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm
Posts: 4655
[/quote]
there is a guy on eBay from Hungary who sold at least 15-20 Syncros cranksets (without chainrings) in the last couple of years. According to the photos in those eBay ads, they do not have serial nr.
Now I'm not stating anything, and everybody can draw their own conclusion, but what I know is my Revolution has a serial number. And a buddy of mine has a Revo too, and his also has a serial number...[/quote]


Mine has a hand etched serial no too. Even if the Hungarian ones are ‘repros’ they have stood the test of time and use.


Last edited by M-Power on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:23 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:58 am
Posts: 438
Location: Incoming...
Yes; that’s the correct terminology and what I meant. Thanks. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:12 pm
Posts: 1622
Location: Southernmost US
M-Power wrote:

there is a guy on eBay from Hungary who sold at least 15-20 Syncros cranksets (without chainrings) in the last couple of years. According to the photos in those eBay ads, they do not have serial nr.
Now I'm not stating anything, and everybody can draw their own conclusion, but what I know is my Revolution has a serial number. And a buddy of mine has a Revo too, and his also has a serial number...[/quote]


Mine has a hand etched serial no too.[/quote]

Agree with Will. Not trying to start a debate either but have had three sets (2 110 1 compact) and all had SNs. I think these just "slipped through the crack" as they are surely authentic Syncros Revs. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying them actually. They are beautiful! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm
Posts: 4655
I can’t bring myself to ride them in the dirt they look so pretty :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:36 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 9130
Location: Oh Canada!
Smithjss70 wrote:
Agree with Will. Not trying to start a debate either but have had three sets (2 110 1 compact) and all had SNs. I think these just "slipped through the crack" as they are surely authentic Syncros Revs. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying them actually. They are beautiful! :lol:

i don't think there's anyone out there debating that these aren't authentic, and that there are "reproduction" Syncros revolutions out there. more a discussion about a not very known fact that some came with and others without serial numbers. revolutions where available from early 90's to late 90's and there could have been serial numbers hand etched at the start, and just not done in later batches. also it's in a not so obvious location, especially with rings installed and mounted on the bike.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:12 pm
Posts: 1622
Location: Southernmost US
RockiMtn wrote:
Smithjss70 wrote:
Agree with Will. Not trying to start a debate either but have had three sets (2 110 1 compact) and all had SNs. I think these just "slipped through the crack" as they are surely authentic Syncros Revs. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying them actually. They are beautiful! :lol:

i don't think there's anyone out there debating that these aren't authentic, and that there are "reproduction" Syncros revolutions out there. more a discussion about a not very known fact that some came with and others without serial numbers. revolutions where available from early 90's to late 90's and there could have been serial numbers hand etched at the start, and just not done in later batches. also it's in a not so obvious location, especially with rings installed and mounted on the bike.


I hear ya Frank. Just making sure I wasn't suggesting otherwise....as was Will I expect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 am
Posts: 2228
Location: Lincs
M-Power wrote:
I can’t bring myself to ride them in the dirt they look so pretty :lol:

Southern ponce. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BikerB, Cardiac, kalex, Minifreak, mojo ti, racer x, reanimation, sovereign, valleyman and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group