SYNCROS Revolution crankset *** CLOSED ***

Re:

this is a first for me regarding serial numbers. where is it supposed to be located on the cranks? :?

Re:

It’s usually hand etched / engraved on the back of the spider Frank. Well; mine are at least. These ones are very nice; a lovely complete set. :)

Re: SYNCROS Revolution crankset ( compact )

ah okay, i'm assuming you're referring to the power disc that the spyder is mounted to. now i "vaguely" remember maybe seeing that, and i must have not put too much thought into it. :p

[/quote]
there is a guy on eBay from Hungary who sold at least 15-20 Syncros cranksets (without chainrings) in the last couple of years. According to the photos in those eBay ads, they do not have serial nr.
Now I'm not stating anything, and everybody can draw their own conclusion, but what I know is my Revolution has a serial number. And a buddy of mine has a Revo too, and his also has a serial number...[/quote]

Mine has a hand etched serial no too. Even if the Hungarian ones are ‘repros’ they have stood the test of time and use.

there is a guy on eBay from Hungary who sold at least 15-20 Syncros cranksets (without chainrings) in the last couple of years. According to the photos in those eBay ads, they do not have serial nr.
Now I'm not stating anything, and everybody can draw their own conclusion, but what I know is my Revolution has a serial number. And a buddy of mine has a Revo too, and his also has a serial number...[/quote]

Mine has a hand etched serial no too.[/quote]

Agree with Will. Not trying to start a debate either but have had three sets (2 110 1 compact) and all had SNs. I think these just "slipped through the crack" as they are surely authentic Syncros Revs. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying them actually. They are beautiful! :LOL:

Smithjss70":3dkohzpi said:
Agree with Will. Not trying to start a debate either but have had three sets (2 110 1 compact) and all had SNs. I think these just "slipped through the crack" as they are surely authentic Syncros Revs. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying them actually. They are beautiful! :LOL:
i don't think there's anyone out there debating that these aren't authentic, and that there are "reproduction" Syncros revolutions out there. more a discussion about a not very known fact that some came with and others without serial numbers. revolutions where available from early 90's to late 90's and there could have been serial numbers hand etched at the start, and just not done in later batches. also it's in a not so obvious location, especially with rings installed and mounted on the bike.

RockiMtn":3fz1638v said:
Smithjss70":3fz1638v said:
i don't think there's anyone out there debating that these aren't authentic, and that there are "reproduction" Syncros revolutions out there. more a discussion about a not very known fact that some came with and others without serial numbers. revolutions where available from early 90's to late 90's and there could have been serial numbers hand etched at the start, and just not done in later batches. also it's in a not so obvious location, especially with rings installed and mounted on the bike.

I hear ya Frank. Just making sure I wasn't suggesting otherwise....as was Will I expect.

Back