Rocky Mountain VERTEX 1992 (XC Pro and Ritchey)

Re: Rocky Mountain Vertex (1992)

a black 92 vertex?
i thought only the blue/black combination was made?

this must be a custom = even more rare than the normal vertex!! ;-)
looks nice!

oh no .. my mistake!
i misread the catalog!
i always thought in the catalog "Sapphire/Laser Black" meant the combination of frame / fork but it seems that these were the 2 available frame colors. i have never seen a black one!

2213015-1b4nd7lnrjtg-rmkatalog1992vertex-large.jpg

mkone":tvypejn4 said:
planist":tvypejn4 said:
;)
haha ok. it was not a cheapo, but, like you say, in this condition very rare..
Do you have pictures of yours?

BR, Peter

Yes the condition is very good but its more rare as it was only made for one year!

Added a pic of my frame, still waiting to source a few parts.

nice!
which forks do you have for those 3 Rockies??

planist":8ney6l7a said:
oh no .. my mistake!
i misread the catalog!
i always thought in the catalog "Sapphire/Laser Black" meant the combination of frame / fork but it seems that these were the 2 available frame colors. i have never seen a black one!

2213015-1b4nd7lnrjtg-rmkatalog1992vertex-large.jpg

Yes, black was an option, there are a few black Vertex's on here ;)

though there are a few black Vertex, the "Sapphire/Laser Black" i believe IS reference to one OFFICIAL colour option offered with the frame being Sapphire and the fork being Laser Black. if you check some of the other models in the same 92 catalogue, they actually state "OR" if there was another colour option (hammer and fusion)

RockiMtn":3e39mios said:
though there are a few black Vertex, the "Sapphire/Laser Black" i believe IS reference to one OFFICIAL colour option offered with the frame being Sapphire and the fork being Laser Black. if you check some of the other models in the same 92 catalogue, they actually state "OR" if there was another colour option (hammer and fusion)

So the black was a custom option?

i don't think custom, just not official colour in the catalogue. the 92 blizzard is listed as black and white, but also came in just all white frame.

XC Pro Brake parts incl original cable hangers and pads (old, but hopefully still useable)..

Attachments

• s-l1600 (17).jpg
    s-l1600 (17).jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 554
Back