AMP Research research

Re:

I pull mine out with a 1/4" unf stud and nut and a larger diameter tube with internal clearance for the sleeve (8-9mm?).
This does risk the thread on the sleeve, so you could sit the crown on the tube and knock the stud (or a long bolt) instead.

All the best,

Re:

I've been drilling, cutting, grinding and filing over the holidays :xmas-wink: . It's still "work in progress" but I got impatient and had a go with it as is. Managed to push two pins out without too much of a problem but the pin in upper swing arm in the F4 is going to need some extra force.

Thinking of drilling out the tip of adjusting screw (now a ball) and making some pin specific inserts as there are two diameters used on the F4 i.e. it'll end up looking like an overgrown chain pin extractor. Also the adjusting screw is very wobbly so it's difficult to keep it accurately aimed at the jaw, so maybe some bracing is needed.

Attachments

• IMG_7244.JPG
    IMG_7244.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,000
  • IMG_7243.JPG
    IMG_7243.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 1,000
What hydraulic fluid is used in the disc brake calipers as standard? I have the pleasure of setting some up and will probably drain and use fresh fluid, but didn't want to disassemble and clean completely.

Thanks Chris

Thanks, seems the end of the sentences hang over the end of the page in that pdf. I think I will need to take the rear apart as the pistons were hard to move and the compensator piston pushes all the way in as if there is nothing behind it

Re:

Bugger, no wonder it didn't want to come out... It looks like a banana! Where the hell am I going to get a 20 year old replacement? I would have asked Rampage to make me one but he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth :( .

Attachments

• 30-01196-10 (bent).jpg
    30-01196-10 (bent).jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 900
Any engineering company will happily do it. And as theres not much to it other than this- but straight, I wouldnt see them asking much. More like a lunchtime project for beer money.
I had my amp rebuilt entirely with cnc additions in modern metal and even there for all that was done the price was not bad.
A single pin, they might have as a stock size.

I'd get looking in the yellow pages.

Re:

Any one come across a bike fitted with plastic bearings from Igus instead of the "standard" DU type?

Lloyd has quite a few of these (part number: TFI-0506-06) that he sourced from AMP before they stopped production which all seem to be the same size as the metal ones, so I was wondering if AMP switched to plastic or if it was something they were experimenting with. The literature I downloaded indicates;

• For especially long service life
• Low coefficient of friction
• Extremely high wear resistance
• Suitable for soft shafts
• Resistant to dirt

Any thoughts?

I've not run them in my AMP, but I do use Igus on some of my products, also they appear on Lawwill Leaders and Klein Mantras from time to time.

As long as the bearing dimensions aren't too peculiar, Igus have various ranges of bearing material for specific purposes, such as high load/low movement, wet conditions etc:

Do we have dimensions?

All the best,

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 855
Back