1988 Stumpjumper Epic (former Cindy Whitehead Frame)

Re: Re:

DynaCol":3aofcdkb said:
It's as close to original spec as I could get it based on the various pics I've found when Cindy was riding it.

I prefer this pic I think, what a rider....ahem.

Fantastic build btw.

Attachments

• cindy3.jpg
    cindy3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 767
Re: 1989 Stumpjumper Epic

Muddy paw":s9sb10b7 said:
Nope i wasn't joking about the SIDs but seriously some builds cry out for suspension forks but not this one ;) and as for your wheel choice they are going to look real sweet when fitted and yes it will be well worth the wait for the correct forks otherwise it will bug you every time you look at the bike .

I'm fairly patient myself when it comes to waiting unless it's for bad news then i'd rather get it over with . Any way i can't wait to see what bits you've got so far so i can picture how good it will look when it's completed ;) ..

WTF would he put SIDS on a 1988 frame?? :LOL:
Might as well add discs, renthal Fat Bars and a dropper post, for the full effect!

Re:

I'm afraid not. The bike is pretty much finished but a house move and a knackered lower back has put paid to any bike building or riding (or work for that matter :? ) for quite some time.
I've got several projects I'm keen to get on with but until I'm fit again I just don't know when I'll get back to them.

rumpfy":1xwunsd9 said:
Impressive resto! I can't believe I had that frame in my hands and sent it away not knowing it's provenance.
Ha, yeah, me too, but I don't miss it. It was probably the heaviest, noodle of a frame I've ever ridden. I couldn't care less who rode it before me. I bought if from a old dude in SE Portland for $50.

Re:

I don't do this to make money so what others have bought and sold the bike for is of little consequence to me.
Surely you can appreciate that this is a small part of our sports history and deserves some acknowledgement at least, regardless of its weight in noodles. If not then I think you may be in the wrong place.

Re:

It'll be finished and ridden someday I'm sure.
The fact it was an a team frame ridden by Cindy Whitehead is pretty special imo.
Some may call it noodly, but if noodly frames win races then give me extra noodles! :LOL:

Re:

Cheers Jim. The bike is pretty much ready to ride, just me that's not. Waiting on seeing a physio to see what they can do. I'll just be happy being able to ride a bike again, it's not been much fun the last 5-6 months struggling to do the things we normally take for granted.

Back