Caught in two minds, keep or sell?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, I have a dilemma, as I'm sure most of us on here do: too many bikes but which to part with? I've made a decision about a few, but I'm torn between keeping my dynatech torus, or selling the frame and moving the parts over to a coyote ultralite.

To most, it is probably a no brainer, especially as the dynatech frame is lovely, rides well, fits me nicely and is made from that exotic titanium stuff.

My dilemma is, I also have a dbr axis tt which shares the same virtues, and both are built up with m952 in the main, so are similar in that respect too.

I bought the ultralite as it's a bit different, and has a nice yellow to blue fade paint job, and would add some colour to the stable of bikes I'm hanging on to.

So what would you do?

I have also toyed with the idea of modernising the drivetrain on the dbr (or torus), making them a little different, perhaps adding some bounce up front to one (both wear pace rc31s currently), but I simply can't decide, but know I must part with one of the three.

Why dont you swap parts over and then decide?

I have a similar dilemma in that i too have a Torus who's parts would fit nicely onto another frame. Also i dont like the ride of the Torus and find it harsh and cramped. However the Torus just looks right and at the moment i just cant bring myself to break it.

Mark

I sold my Merlin XLM over the summer and much the same seems to apply

Once the selling itch starts to creep in, you should just do it

they're nice and relatively rare, but not so rare you couldn't find another if you decided you miss it

I tend to make no-fuss sales of my stuff, put it up for a fair price for collection only (posting frames is a pain) and don't budge if you don't *need* to sell it.

Re:

Pick which Ti you like best and sell the other. No point having two built up with the same kit unless you have deep pockets and somewhere to display them. As for modernising, i’d Just get a more modern bike. ;)

Re:

No deep pockets or anywhere to display them either. I did once have free time to build and ride, but alas no more.

The reason I'm considering modernising is that I can't afford to buy a new bike/frame.

I'd happily trade to a more modern frame that could run disc brakes, as I have a spare set or two.

I'd still like to know if anyone has ridden all three of these frames and can speak of how they feel about them? Due to the lack of free time, I can't justify building up the extralite at the moment.

Latest posts

Back