Going Dutch - stealth micromeet in Holland

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Met up with Melvin (Elev12k) and Roy (Yoeddy) last weekend in Schoorl which provided top riding and evidence that while Holland is not hilly, it certainly is not flat.

Hopped up on a couple of cans of Rodeo and determination to show these fellows how we Brits 'ride dirty', the following pictures tell the story (PS Roy waiting for me at every intersection not documented and sadly my camera batteries ran out without recording my trials ability).

Good riding, top chat and whiskey to finish - these guys know how to roll!

Attachments

• Mad Skills.JPG
    Mad Skills.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Maximum Attack.JPG
    Maximum Attack.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Three Wise Bikes.JPG
    Three Wise Bikes.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Three Wise Men.JPG
    Three Wise Men.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,513
For sure we had a great time :!: :D
Try to find some space in my agenda for a meet in the UK next year.

@ed, thanks for not mentioning the fact that on the "road trip"I really couldn't keep up with you guys ;)

would really be nice to meet some more RBérs in their natural envirnoment ... ie the pub :roll: :LOL:

Sorry Bas :oops: ..but.......do you actually bike? Just drop me a line and I'll show you around Schoorl anytime.
This little meet just started as a bike pick up by Ed (Melvin arranged a nice Colnago for him) but ended up actually riding it.... got all out of hand with Whisky in the end :D ... We had a great time, next time we'll make it a bigger event.
Cheers Roy

yo-eddy":34mtwqq8 said:
Sorry Bas :oops: ..but.......do you actually bike?

:LOL: yes i do ! ;)
I've been to schoorl a million tiimes ;)
No worries,..i was not able to join anyway ;) i went with my daughter Kirsten to the Apenheul (Monkey Park)

but i would definitely enjoy a RB meet sometime,..so i can try your Groovy Bigwheel,..and convince myself i need it ;)

Defiant":qdmsf5bv said:
yo-eddy":qdmsf5bv said:
:LOL: yes i do ! ;)
I've been to schoorl a million tiimes ;)
No worries,..i was not able to join anyway ;) i went with my daughter Kirsten to the Apenheul (Monkey Park)

but i would definitely enjoy a RB meet sometime,..so i can try your Groovy Bigwheel,..and convince myself i need it ;)

Yeah, you do need the Bigwheel, so it's close by me still and I can have a look when I miss it too much ;)

ps, what's your PR on Schoorl?

you damn right!

but before a meet you guys i think i'll go there a few times myself and get the legs going again,..

Defiant":28le3rq7 said:
Why wasn't i invited ? :roll:

;)

i guess it was because you guys really use the bikes ;)

Just source Ed a decent bike ...and he will visit you ;)

Yes, lots of miles, alcohol and fun. Great weekend. Till next bike.

Latest posts

Back