Most paid for that illusive part?

Re:

Good story BoyBurning. It reminded me of a road trip I took this summer to collect the Ibis Carbon Titanium bike. 903.8 miles, 14:32.23 hours/mins/secs and 43.7mpg. And only one stop for an In-N-Out burger on the way home! And the bike wasn't cheap :xmas-big-grin:

Re: Re:

ferrus":56s7eq4p said:
Unfortunately I can't justify any of mine as being parts needed to complete a build, they've all just been irresistible indulgences!
-Lots £'s paid for NOS vintage mech's for the derailleur collection, esp. a boxed LMDS ..Westpine hubs. More recently, £35 for a 800-Bike-Pro buyer's guide and £30 for Carmichael Ti jockey wheels. :oops:

I had to buy and import from America a job lot of front/rear XTR M900 mechs I didn't want just for a used set of Carmichael pulleys on one of the mechs as he wouldn't split them...I'd have paid £30 in a heartbeat!

tintin40":o79q6ozs said:
My Royce hubs were pretty pricey at £1025. I'd say over priced. Considering the rear is not light by any standard. Should be lighter as its carbon and Ti. In fact this will be only time i buy Royce. Hope and Extralite are miles better and are cheaper.

Yeah, but just look at them!!

Actually, that's probably all you do.

Re:

Two pairs of U.S.E. suspension forks that I had no bikes for, so taking into account I've got to buy something to fit them to now.......

Re:

I've paid some plainly ridiculous sums for parts, but I'll let Ron Burgundy sum it up for you...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 373
Re:

The killer is having to import an expensive uber rare part from the US. It becomes too pricey for virtually anybody to ever buy again unless they are German !

Re:

in the mid 90s i drove 501 miles to pick up my first san andreas frame(lt version) from leamington spa for 1250 quid.i drove that far in a hired friends car because i couldnt wait for royal mail to deliver it the next day.it was a baking hot day as well....but it was worth it...i used to spend so much on bikes i would reguarly go without food and heating to pay for it..i had a system set up with the local bike shop that i could take stuff in advance of payment...i was that caught up in it....

Back