Anyone ever heard of Salewa gear?

WWC

Senior Retro Guru
Just bought these for obvious reasons...

Attachments

• 34135F43-CF28-4556-B63C-EB2762439666.jpeg
    34135F43-CF28-4556-B63C-EB2762439666.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 603
  • F51DFC7F-ECAB-4EFE-8C5A-3EAF3743D2C7.jpeg
    F51DFC7F-ECAB-4EFE-8C5A-3EAF3743D2C7.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 603
Yes, they make outdoor equipment, from tents to climbing equipment and everything inbetween.

Re:

Ta, thought I was pretty up on kit so surprised this has passed me by!

Quick additional google shows them to be pretty good?

Italian/Austrian/German?

I have a couple of pairs of their fleece hiking bottoms/trousers. One pair for about 10 years and they are as good as new even though by rights they should be worn out by now.
They were expensive but they have both lasted so returned good value for sure.

Jamie

Re: Re:

WWC":2e5znbym said:
Ta, thought I was pretty up on kit so surprised this has passed me by!

Quick additional google shows them to be pretty good?

Italian/Austrian/German?

German i think.

They have been going for quite a while and have been making climbing equipment for many years, they wouldnt have lasted if they didnt make reliable equipment. I have worked for a few outdoor companies who use their helmets and other equipment for climbing courses. Think i have some old helmets in a bag somewhere, solid and built to last.

Yes. Big originally German (Munich, bought in 1990 by Oberalp who were based in Italy) company which manufactured everything from climbing hardware (carabiners, crampons, ice axes) to soft goods, clothing, tents, sleeping bags rucsacs etc. Predominantly marketed in European countries. Some the hardware made it over here, particularly crampons which were sold under the Chouinard brand (pre cursor to Black Diamond). Good kit all in all.

Re:

Still got my original crampons and a couple of ice pegs from around 1976/77 plus a pair of lightweight/quickdry trousers :D

Good stuff all round....

Latest posts

Back