My Scott MTB's

rhyscycles

Retro Guru
I thought it was about time I showed you my projects. I'm a big fan of Scott bikes and have been riding them for the last 15 years. Started with a small (14'), Orange and black Scott Peak Adventure (with U-Brake).

There doesn't seem to be that many Scott owners on here which I'm surprised at.

Below are 3 Scotts I own:

Scott 92 (I think) Pro Evolution I rescued. Previous owner thought it a good idea to remove all the paint, I guess any restoration is now out of the question so your thoughts on a colour would be appreciated (thinking all black or all white with some blinging components!?) I do like this frame!!

Scott 91 (I think) Sport Windriver which I have had from new. This bike has done everything and only this year I retired it from active duty hoping to restore it back to original (I have a very sweet complete DX groupset to go back on). Only problem is a binned the forks! :(

Scott Scale 04. Not a retro bike but a retro replacement for the Windriver.

Finding material i.e. brochures for Scott bikes is difficult. I have some but not the correct years. Who would you guys recommend to restore the paint for Windriver, I know of Argos but how good/close to the original can the repaint and decals be?

I do have a reference pic of a 92 Evo but again I'm worried I wouldn't be happy with the restored paint unless it was really good.

Well I would appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers. R

Attachments

• Scott Scale.JPG
    Scott Scale.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,716
  • Scott Windriver.JPG
    Scott Windriver.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,716
  • Scott Pro Evolution.JPG
    Scott Pro Evolution.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 2,716
I've always wondered is it Wind River or Win Driver? A bit sad I know but....

Now that makes two of us, I suppose it doesn't help with the decals all uppercase! WINDRIVER.

I suspect it's WIND RIVER as it would make more sense and is inline with other Scott model names, but I have always said it as one word - winDriver

I take it as 'wind river' - look closely and there's a larger space than the other letters between the 'd' and the 'r'.

Always loved Scott bikes back in the 90ies. Never actually owned one but the Super America and Evolution were really ACE! :cool: :cool:

I did own a Scott Scale 20, but I've sold it some time ago. Super bike, just great! But disc brakes aren't my thing so I sold it again (for next to nothing, considering what I payed for it and all the extra X.0 stuff and carbon parts) :oops: :cry:

But indeed, you don't see them around a lot... Been looking for an Evolution or Super America some time but they never show up (here in Holland that is). I like the old paintschemes (especially the Super America).

Missed a brown and green evolution on ebay early '07. Getting that would have got me on an e-stay much sooner!

That Evolution,..soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice!

My first real MTB was a Scott,..i still like the colour ways,..the 3 different colours.
I had a limited edition ; Scott Pro Only (that's what the dealer told me ;) )
Scott.jpg

I would paint the evolution back in the original colours.
Almost the same as my Pro Only, but i can remember there was one with Pink in it aslo,..but might be wrong
1045Scott_Evo_Alu.jpg

well

I think the non paint looks awesome! u should pollish it!!!

that would look amazing with a semi retro build, like an xtr group from 97 or something!

Is it light?

Back