Bloodhound SSC Landspeed Car

True, but the car thing is so totally reliant on other people (Like those lovely chaps at BAe, Filton!) and trusting small bugs not to stick their heads out of the sand at the wrong time.

In the middle of the BLOODHOUND SSC is the MCT V12 800 bhp race engine which doubles as our APU delivering hydraulic power as needed, starting the EJ200 and of course pumping the High Test Peroxide (HTP) through to the Falcon rocket. The pump has to move a ton of HTP through to the rocket catalyst in 22 seconds and at 1200 psi.

as well as rocket and jet engine :shock:

basically an 800bhp pump :D

SSC book was interesting.
Good that there is someone actually promoting something other than services in the uk.

Sounds like a bit of a monster, 1000mph :shock:

Currently Andy is the record holder. Must be a lot of fun to go through the project again, and ultimately become the new record holder :)
OK, it may go tits up, but so can walking down steps.. They will be careful to take it a stage at at time. Not like he will just go out, turn it on, press the red button and ZOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Pretty amazing aspirations to have when you consider that the low altitude speed record for all aircraft is only 998 mph-set by Darryl Greenamyer in his Lockheed F-104 60 feet above Mud Lake, Nevada back in 1977!

andy.l":2cjf8vqj said:
Im working on its engine at work and my brother has been chatting to Richard Noble today about payment for the bits his works have made for it also

Hi Andy

I see you're Bristol based - are you working out of or involved with anyone at UoWE? I did some work for a test rig that guys there were working on, which I believe went to MCT.

I spoke with Richard N briefly when he paid for the parts. Really hope this project goes well for everyone working on it. I know a couple of the guys from the Dieselmax project which my company did a fair bit of work on.

Good luck to all involved! :)

Back