Bloodhound SSC Landspeed Car

P20

Retrobike Rider
So we've been unbeaten for over a decade with Thrust SSC
Now its time for the 1000mph barrier :shock: :cool: :shock: :cool: :LOL:

Clicky ➡️ Bloodhound SSC

car_homepage.png

Oh yes, i'm liking this...... :D :twisted:

Im working on its engine at work and my brother has been chatting to Richard Noble today about payment for the bits his works have made for it also

I love the idea, but just wonder how fast you can go in contact with the ground. I wonder what there is to prove. Hope they stay safe doing it.

Thrust SSC almost came to its demise when it veered off course at high speeds,this one is going 200mph+ on top,if it goes then there wont be much left,like you say it will be finding flat enough ground to run it at the speeds theyre looking at,i think even salt flats are going to be rough as a badgers a**e for them

andy.l":1yjsr71t said:
Im working on its engine at work and my brother has been chatting to Richard Noble today about payment for the bits his works have made for it also

:cool:
The sheer design and engineering of these things just blow me away. The book on Thrust SSC was great.

Oh and there's a small problem of trying to raise £10,000,000 during a recession. Us Brits, plucky huh?? :LOL:

The Ken":2p609uky said:
Hey andy, could you make me one too:)

Im only working on the NGV (nozzle guide vane) that direct the gases around the engine to get the most thrust out the back

Yeah ThrustSSC went left at around 500mph regardless of driver imput, they never figured out why :?
Thrust2 was only 8mph away from flipping completely, they only found out during computer simulations for the ThrustSSC project when they had access to better computers :shock:

I would not want to sneeze at 1000mph, but then again I am not Andy Green. He is far to boring (Sorry, meant focussed) to make it exciting for the spectators. Just wonder what his personal motivation is. He has been there, done that and is very comfortably off. Why risk a 1000mph sneeze ending it all?

Back