Marinovative Decelerators - My attempt to make my own pair.

I am totally aware of the fact, that more modern brakes use that system that clamps the bushing and. I have taken apart a few m951 for example. Or my Campagnolo cantilevers have that, too. You can even adjust the play on them. That's what made me think about it in the first place. :oops:

DU-Bushings would be fine, too. But there is not enough flesh anywhere to make room for a bushing like that. I think I would have to order a custom one. And I don't think I want to do that at the moment. This is all about DIY afterall. I would even like to make my own fasteners, if I was able to. But I'm not... :D

Thank you for the link, I had not seen that yet.

I definitely would like to make a titanium version. But my machinery is not up for that yet. I found a supplier for those titanium tubes already. They are not that expensive. Its just the tools that are..

Quick update of my progress.

I made the second arm. Notice the brass bushing now is longer than my first Aluminium version and is completely covering the brake boss. I think it looks better without that gap.

The springs are made out of an old spoke :D

Now I am waiting for some tools that I need to bore out holes more precise than using a simple drill.
I need to make a 12.7mm hole that will allow the brake pad holder assembly to slide over and camp on the arm. And my 13mm drill is waaay too large. ;) (Notice the shim in the first brakepad-holder... :facepalm: )

I'm rebuilding it. But I am missing a few bolts and bushes.
Or are you talking about the scrathes? No idea. That's how I got it. They will polish out. Nothing too drastic.

Re:

This is such an amazing project, I can’t wait for more updates!
People like you are majorly inspirational and I wish I had the means to do something like this myself. Keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Back