Klein Rascal - winter project

The build list is coming along nicely.

So tempting with these builds to fit parts as I go along piece by piece, but i'm trying really hard not to go that route with this one. I want to get all the parts sorted before I begin.

Pretty much ready to go....

Untitled by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Rear wheel needs rebuilding onto the Ti-Glide. Then i should be ready to get to work.

First will be re-threading and shortening the steerer as it's a bit long as it stands at the moment.
I've rebuild the forks and given them a thorough clean/polish.

Then there's fitting of the Bottom Bracket. I've seen Vinevo's great tools for fitting the bearings and axle, but trying to justify the cost which double what the frame cost me for something i'll only use once. We'll see.

One thing I will probably swap out is the Thomson post for a Syncros to be more period correct. And possibly the ATAC stem for something a bit shorter as I think the bike maybe a bit too stretched out with this one.

See how we get on with the build.

Re:

Scarily similar to how I built my Rascal!

Full M900 / Manitou forks / A-Tac stem / Hyperlite bars / Syncros post / Flite saddle / Smoke&Dart combo...

:xmas-wink:

Thanks for the kind comments.

Bottle of wine (not yet finished), box of spokes and a spoke key and the back wheel is now built to match the front. Tyres fitted also.

I do love my skinwall's, so not sure on these yet. I do have some skinwalls on their way from Panaracer just in case (the perks of working for the distributor), so will check out both variants when the bike is built.

cheers
Chris

nice wheels. imo i'd have black wall tires. Go well with the yellow frame.

Having a cm or so more threaded on the steerer, so thought i'd set to work getting a few bits fitted.

BB axle and bearings are in. I'd made a spacer to sit between the 2 bearings, and with the use of a bearing press got it all fitted and loctited in. Was a job I was dreading, but in the end only took 10 mins max.

Mechs, cranks, pedals, rear wheel and started on the brakes.
Until i get the forks back there's not much more i can be getting on with.

Dang that's looking great!
Klein's really suit blackwalls imo. I think amberwalls clash/washout the crazy paint schemes.

minor_LEGEND":2wraa73o said:
Dang that's looking great!
Klein's really suit blackwalls imo. I think amberwalls clash/washout the crazy paint schemes.

True, but to me they look a bit 'chunky' with the CD finish of the rims. Will see if there's any plans for 1.9 Smoke and Darts.

Coming together nicely :cool:

I agree with using the blackwalls and maybe black chainrings too? :)

If you do go with tan walls and want rid of the blackwalls just drop me a pm ;) was going to get some soon anyway.

Mark

Back