Most paid for that illusive part?

£220 + £20(?) import charges for some Kooka cranks, after a year of sitting on my desk I realized they were different lengths!

Re:

For me it would be a early Bontrager fillet brazed U-brake fork.

Exact $ escapes me, certainly above $500 US.

Expensive, but worth every penny to me.

Re:

Unfortunately I can't justify any of mine as being parts needed to complete a build, they've all just been irresistible indulgences!
-Lots £'s paid for NOS vintage mech's for the derailleur collection, esp. a boxed LMDS ..Westpine hubs. More recently, £35 for a 800-Bike-Pro buyer's guide and £30 for Carmichael Ti jockey wheels. :oops:

250 GBP for MD XC Pro cranks. NOS, so won't be used anytime soon... :facepalm: But it was the only missing part from the NOS groupset, which is kind of of pointless having if the cranks are missing from it and I've already spent 600 GBP for the rest :twisted: :facepalm:

Re:

Its also gonna be tough to sell on parts that you paid top $ for, if you ever want to.

About 18 months ago there was a joker who contracted me through the wanted add that I placed for HED Downhill wheels and offered to sell me a from wheel for £750.00

Needless to say. My Pace RC500 is still rolling on period correct Hope hubs and mavic rims !!!

Re:

Flew to Poland, then hire car to the Kalingrad border for a Ti frame.

£120 for NIB Rolls saddle with AL back plate.

Obscene money for NIB Pace RC31 Carbon & Ti fork in 420 axle-to-crown variety.

Latest posts

Back