Blue Bontrager Race Lite

Thanks for the kind words ;) .

Shredd - my DH-3 fork has 75mm (or 3-inches) of travel. The fork weighs about 3.2 pounds. I think I could make it lighter if I replace the cro-mo steerer with the new lighter stuff. I also have a spare red DH-3 sitting in the closet. Planning to take it apart and clean it up.

I could go for the Red, White, and Blue theme, if I decide to use the RED DH-3. I tend to be bias towards BLUE and GREEN.

Anyway....I actually, at one time, had a baby blue SID. That fork brought me NIGHTMARES :shock: Talk about high-maintenance and a leaking problem. That fork NEVER felt right no matter what. I don't know if I will ever return to Rock Shox again. Their products disappoint me. On the other hand, my old DH-3 doesn't leak. I haven't replace anything on the fork.

Some more pics:

Attachments

• racelite_018.jpg
    racelite_018.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 2,497
  • racelite_016.jpg
    racelite_016.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,497
  • racelite_013.jpg
    racelite_013.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,497
  • racelite_010.jpg
    racelite_010.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,497
That really is one of the best looking bikes I've ever seen. Was it around 98 that they stopped making them? And notwithstanding your modesty, it's fantastically well-preserved. Don't you *ever* crash?

Incidentally, the difference in weight between Marzocchi aluminium and steel steerers is a quarter of a pound, at least for 1 1/8, for 1" a little less obviously. I guess 1" aluminium steerers must still be out there somewhere.

I would be lying if I say, I "never" crash...LOL!

I've crashed a few times on my OTHER bikes, or bikes that were given to me (Cannondales). I'm MORE careful on the Bonty and have never crashed the RaceLite *knock on wood*. The Bonty was paid for with my OWN money so that deserve EXTRA love. And if I remember correctly, money that should have been applied towards college tuitions and books :D - when I was at university in the 90's.

Anyway, anyone remember this Bontrager catalog below? I don't see this version around here.

Attachments

• catalog_001.jpg
    catalog_001.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,000
Back