Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Here's my other Kili Flier. It is the range topping Comp from 1990. Tange Prestiege throughout and a full XTII groupset. Very heavy though. They oversized everything! 100% bombproof it has proved to be however! I found the original stem the other day and will proide a picture for you amusement soon. Oh, and it is still running the original 2mm rear brake cable!! If you ever wondered why Shimano stopped making these brilliant cables, there's your answer.

Attachments

• Kili#1.jpg
    Kili#1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,461
Man this thread is doing my head in :twisted: I have all the parts for my 89 Tufftrax build except a frame. I would love that Killi in my collection- its mint!

Sulks off to kick the cat..........

Dr S":1yhmtfhv said:
Man this thread is doing my head in :twisted: I have all the parts for my 89 Tufftrax build except a frame. I would love that Killi in my collection- its mint!

Sulks off to kick the cat..........

Not meant as Salt in the Wound, but.. :cool:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37063

2752092059_4aaa0c0f41_o_d.jpg

Iwasgoodonce":1t2rzp2g said:
I can't match Heathy's for originality but my Kili is almost done. I'm waiting for CRC to deliver some Ergon grips and it will be complete. Here is the frame and (non-original) forks. Compare with the one above. Do you think I should add the stickers as per the original or leave it as it is?

Mark, you simply have to put decals on it :roll: These are what gave these saracens their look, that and the loud pastel colours ;)

Just look at how good they make Roon's look on black :D

heathy":v2di43eh said:
Mark, you simply have to put decals on it :roll: These are what gave these saracens their look, that and the loud pastel colours ;)

Just look at how good they make Roon's look on black :D

Have to agree with you there heathy; iconic :cool:

Although their "Mountain" saddles rank alongside haemorrhoids for comfort factor :?

Foe me the late 80's Saracens were for me, mate had the fillet brazed Kili Flyer Comp model in pastel green, a thing of beauty, such well made bikes, not too sure what happened to them..

Lovely looking bikes guys, brings back some fond memories.... :cool:

Rich

I remember having the big fold out Saracen cataogue from, er, maybe 1993 on my wall for a while - I dreamed of whichever model was white that year. A mate had the Kili comp, in purple, it was such a nice bike, tight, light, well built, classy looking. I have to say the green/orange ones on here are really floating my boat, I wouldnt buy one, but I like them :)

I only have this to add:

dsc00020_720.jpg

Back