Orange Formula

if this thread gets locked I hope its NOT deleted as buyers need to know what is being touted here.

and if its not about the money,

Gift it to Carl and let him shoulder the burden of saving this little piece of history... Granted by the time its put right the bottom bracket shell might be the only original bit left.

Retro Spud":3p990zk6 said:
.....he ain't looking out for members, with their best interests at heart.....

I can’t argue with that. Certainly not the way I’d have outed it, especially as a previous owner.

I was just trying to bring others up to speed, who perhaps haven’t read the whole thread.

I’ll keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn’t get too out of hand but won’t be deleting it

Re:

My plan was to either get it powder coated black with custom fluro ORANGE decals or to recreate the original orange/white fade - either would look stunning when completed...

This is disingenuous, makes it sound as if no repair is needed, try this:

"My plan was to have the paint stripped and see what was salvageable. Best case scenario would be to get the seat tube replaced and a few minor braze jobs done. Who better than Dave Yates to do this? According to his website this would cost approx £XXX"

raidan73":89d3t3aa said:
I know this one has some history on here and fattiman has been a past owner but he has stated, at least a couple times in this thread, that he is not the current seller.

That's important - thanks for clarifying.

Re:

Who got it then? Had I sold a few bits it would have been me at that price. Hope it goes to a good home for once.

Back