Pinarello Montello SLX **now painted**

Re: Re:

jordic1968":1wbexx22 said:
Spectacular! Nice red tape bar and saddle. The qtty of red vs white is well balanced... looks elegant... congrats!

Thank you. The bar tape is Brooks leather and yes they are clinchers. Campag Omega 19 rims with Conti Grand Prix classics. The sidewalls are almost copper coloured.

Re:

It's a really nice restoration.. though I can't help thinking it would look better with silver rims.

I know black rims came into fashion from the early 80's onwards and most teams used them, but when you have a predominately silver groupset why not have wheels to match ?

Re: Re:

TheElectronKid":1hdiybfk said:
It's a really nice restoration.. though I can't help thinking it would look better with silver rims.

I know black rims came into fashion from the early 80's onwards and most teams used them, but when you have a predominately silver groupset why not have wheels to match ?

I actually restored this for buttons. I’d had the wheels built for something else an already had the groupset.

All I bought really was cables and bar tape (and paid for painting)

I hadn’t really considered silver rims and tbh I don’t come across many in NOS condition. I did consider Mavic Heliums in red butthough better of it. Ironically, the wheels I had rebuilt were originally based on Silver Mavic CPX 30s. I wanted a lower profile

Re:

As the Chorus seatpost was ever so slightly bugging me i.e. not the right year and not Record, I'm going to fit this one

Attachments

• IMG_6665.jpg
    IMG_6665.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 469

Latest posts

Back