VooDoo HooDoo

utahdog2003

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not retro but with a little retro influence.... A good friend of mine has done a bunch of work helping me out with some major home repairs, and in the good spirit of neighborly bartering, I've been helping him out putting together this VooDoo. We amassed the parts over the last few weeks, and then last night he built it up himself! He's excited to put it to work!

Retro influences...Control Tech goodies, SDG, Gummy Velociraptors, Shimano flat pedals.

The Build...the rest of it...
2007 VooDoo Hoodoo in Pearl
RS Tora
Deore Hubs and Sun rims
Sram XO rear derailleur, twisties, 990 cassette and chain
XT front derailleur
FSA ISIS cranksets and Truvativ Gigapipe BB, Race Face bash
Avid BB7s
Avid levers
SR Laprade style post
Race Face Deuce headset

I think it came out great! :cool: I'll give him a rash about the rookie pictures, what with the cranks not being level and the date stamp and all... :? :LOL:

He gets extra cedit though for building the garage himself... :shock: :D

Attachments

• 100_1111.JPG
    100_1111.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,187
  • 100_1112.JPG
    100_1112.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,187
ah, the Voodoo HooDoo (what you dont dare do people), I remember those, it looks cool, Im not sure why they didnt take off, they are basically Kona's in terms of design, characteristics, handling etc, albeit without the heritage.

theboy":ka1x7q86 said:
ah, the Voodoo HooDoo (what you dont dare do people

:LOL: Had the Prodigy tune in my head looking at the pics!

Nice ride, very clean.

My Avalanche Expert (now owned by MAXTHEROTTI) has Tora's. Cracking forks, loved 'em :cool:

theboy":vucuowmn said:
ah, the Voodoo HooDoo (what you dont dare do people), I remember those, it looks cool, Im not sure why they didnt take off, they are basically Kona's in terms of design, characteristics, handling etc, albeit without the heritage.
But you could say Joe Murray took the heritage with him. But I agree the public doesn't see it like that.

IMO, Voodoos have been if anything better than Konas since about 98 (aside from when they went bust!) but they've always been expensive and they have never had the excellent marketing skills that have kept Kona at the top. But then, who has?

Latest posts

Back