nishiki e-stay.

Re: So where are all the 91 Alien ACXs hiding?

chrisXcross":1la7bi7t said:
My question is, which original components did the black 1991 ACX had?

Full Deore XT. Alien AL had Suntour XC Comp.

Re: Re:

chrisXcross":gqbgqfvl said:
Thanks, do you also know fork and rims? There are so many pics of the red ones but none of the blacks.
Chris
+1
Over the past 7 or 8 years, I've seen ads for a couple dozen of the red ones, but I've heard of only about 4 or 5 of the black ones.

Can you also post some good pics of the decals and perhaps some closeups of the paint? Is it jet black, or is there some pearl or metallic sprinkled in there? I've heard there's a bit of metallic of various colors in there, but I can't verify. Perhaps you could even measure the decals so that I could use the pics and the measurements to get them reproduced?

I have one that's got a cracked head tube and has been stripped of paint, and I want to restore it.

By the way, the one in the top photo.......that's not this one, is it?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=314994

neverisforever":gqbgqfvl said:
@incorrigible: You are rally insane :mrgreen: Nice collection!
Just now saw this 4-year-old comment. Thanks neverisforever, I'll take that as two compliments :LOL:

Attachments

• insane.gif
    insane.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 331
Re:

Morning,
it is a metallic paint and there seems to be some green sprinkles in the black paint. I try to make some pictures outside to see the effect.
Mine is not the one on the top it is the one with the Cook's cranks on Page 4.
A German guy is currently making the decals for my 1990 Alien ACX. Maybe you can get in contact with him.
Cheers, Chris

Back